00 | The Figure in the Dark

SORRY FOR HAVING SO MANY ONGOING STORIES OMG I'M SO SORRY.

My NaNoWriMo story, woo. Please don't get mad at me for posting every day or so. I will be writing like a mad-woman in the next month. Prepare yourselves. It will be like TWWSG and TM. New chapters every other day or so. 

WOO, so don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! iloveyouguys. (I really would appreciate votes and comments for this story. I need motivation to write more ;) especially with nano going on.)

_________________________________________________

            00 | The Figure in the Dark

            On the eve of November 31th, a figure stood on the dark. It was a person. Their hands, buried deep inside their trench coat’s pockets, were curled around a slip of paper, clenching and unclenching. Beads of sweat danced around the person’s hairline, taunting them—no, reminding them—that what they were doing was wrong. So very wrong. But the person ignored their instincts and remained where they were standing.

            The chill of late November’s air nipped at the person’s skin, causing them to shiver. Digging their hands deeper into their pockets, they were reminded that they were here for a reason and not just to stand in one place, trying not to race off into the darkness, this moment forever to be forgotten.

            “You can do this,” they muttered to themselves. They weren’t supposed to talk, but nobody was going to hear them. It was one in the morning. Everyone was asleep. “This is what you’ve been waiting for.”

            A shudder ran through the person’s body.

            “You can’t back down now,” they continued their miniature pep talk. “Everything you’ve down has led up to this moment. Everything.”

            Their body seemed to relax a bit. Just enough for them to be off guard.

            This person didn’t have the best of luck. In fact, their luck was rotten. Every time they tried to do something right, it went wrong. And because of their sour luck, it was at this very moment that the neighbor, Mrs. Gold, decided to wake up for her midnight snack.

            When she approached her window and saw the figure standing on the Sievers’ doorstep, she wasted no time in shouting, “Hey! Hey you! Creep!”

            The person’s head whipped toward the sound, and upon seeing the old lady yelling in their direction, they hastily yanked their hands out of their pockets and threw the note onto the ground, sprinting down the steps and across the street right after. The action happened so fact that Mrs. Gold didn’t see the white piece of paper floating toward the ground.

            She might’ve not seen the piece of paper, but she sure did see green eyes staring right at her with a deer in the headlights look painted across their face and shining in the moonlight.