4| Innocent

Octavia pulled Cattleya along by her tied hands as Jasper walked by Octavia side. Octavia held the two fingers and knife in her jacket pocket. The trio entered a large tent and Cattleya was quickly glared at by Bellamy. She rolled her eyes when she met Bellamy's. "What the hell is she doing outside of the Dropship!" Bellamy asked.

"This isn't about her." Octavia stated.

"The Grounder found something outside of the wall." Jasper said. Bellamy began to question why she was outside of the wall until Clarke interrupted him.

"She didn't run?" She asked. Clarke looked at the Grounder with scrunched eyebrows. She didn't understand why the Grounder didn't run when she had the opportunity too. She could've fought against Octavia and Jasper and she chose not to.

"I thought it would be a good idea if I took Jasper and the Grounder outside of the wall for a little walk. I thought if I showed some kindness to her, she could tell the other Grounders we're not here for trouble." Everyone remained quiet after Octavia's explanation. Bellamy continued to glare at the Grounder.

"You said she found something." Clarke said breaking the silence. Octavia reached into her jacket pocket, took out the knife and Wells fingers and gently placed them on the table.

"Are those Wells?" Bellamy asked. Both Jasper and Octavia nodded their head. Clarke quickly picked up the makeshift knife, studying it.

"This knife was made of metal from the Dropship." Clarke stated.

"What do you mean?" Jasper asked slightly afraid.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asked.

"No one, we brought it straight here." Octavia said. They all looked at Clarke still studying the knife.

"Clarke?" Bellamy asked. Clarke moved her eyes to meet Cattleya's.

"It means a Grounder didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." She finally stated.

"So, there's a murder in the camp?" Octavia asked. Cattleya didn't have to know these people to know there was more than one murder among them. They were all disrespectful to one another. She quickly learned that when she saw a boy peeing on the back of another one.

"There's more than one murder in this camp. This isn't news." Bellamy sternly looked at Clarke. "We need to keep it quiet." But Clarke didn't care about what Bellamy thought because Wells murder was here and she wanted justice.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." Clarke commanded.

"Clarke, be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved... the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us." Cattleya tried her best to remain emotionless towards Bellamy's comment, but her ears began to heat up. Asshole.

Maybe telling their people the truth will actually teach them something or give them discipline. Cattleya would be the first to admit, that her people would do something like this, but not all of them killed just to kill. If her people were killing them off, killing them one by one wasn't their way. Her people had nothing to do with this. The evidence was there; weapon used to kill Wells was owned by one of the Sky People. Not to mention there was an engraving on it with letters.

"Oh, good for you, you mean." Clarke corrected Bellamy. "What... keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Clarke was daring him but they were both stubborn and Bellamy wasn't caving in either.

"Yeah. That's it." Bellamy said sarcastically. "But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do... just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward?" He joked but he could see the seriousness in Clarke's face. "You don't even know whose knife that is."