Chapter 4: It All Came Out

I woke up and had no clue where I was. I knew for sure, I wasn't home. My first thought was 'OH GOD THE PERSON KIDNAPPED ME!!' but that idea quickly went down the drain when I heard my name. The sound of his voice was welcoming and I knew who it was. The voice came from the one and only, Cody Johnson. I recognized it now, I was in Cody's room. How did I get here? Then everything all flooded back to me; the hospital, the rock and note, and the fact a crazy girl escaped and could be trying to kill me.
"You're awake." Ok, I'm not dead.
"What happened?" My head was killing me and I felt like I was going to pass out.
"I was on the phone with you and then I heard you fall so I came to find you. I figured you were at the hospital and I found you on the ground unconscious. I carried you to my car and drove you here." He looked down. "You really scared me." I didn't know what to say. "What does all this mean to you? I'm so confused, can you please tell me what's going on?"
    "That would be a bad idea." I whispered. I couldn't even look him in the eyes.
    "And why that be? I just want to help you."
    "I can't." I was trying really hard to keep it all in but he was silent and that didn't help at all. It all came out and I talked faster then normal "Someone doesn't like the fact I hang out with you and is sending me texts. They.." I could feel tears coming but I wouldn't allow them. "They always know what's going on and are.." I couldn't handle it anymore, I started crying. He just waited and pulled me closer to him. We were both on his bed now and I was straddling his waist clutching his shirt and sobbing into his shoulder. When I finally controlled myself I continued. "And they are threatening anyone close to me. They are the ones that pushed my dad off of the deck. That rock was another note, just like the texts. Someone really hates me and won't stop until they get what they want and I don't really know what they want but I think it's you." I got that all out in record time I swear and was crying again. He was lightly rubbing my back soothingly to help me calm down.
    "Shhh it's ok." Even though it's no where near ok I somewhat believed him. Once I calmed down a little more I looked at him. He wiped away the remaining tears and grinned. "I promise, I will help you."
    "You can't, shes dangerous and I have a feeling one of us will end up dead. I don't want to risk losing you because I think I can handle her."
    "No."
    "I'm scared."
    "I will protect you, Rach. I'm always here for you." He lightly kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug. Maybe telling him wasn't such a bad thing.
    Or so I thought, my phone beeped and Cody beat me to my phone and looked at it. I asked what it was but he just stared. I was starting to worry, he hasn't moved and I don't think he has blinked. I took the phone out of his hand faster then lightening and read the text.
    'You guys are so cute, I thought I told you enough times Rachael but I guess not. Maybe Cody can help decorate your headstone.'
    I looked at Cody and looked around his room. He got up and went to look out his window; I followed. There wasn't a car or anyone to be seen. He shut his shades and started walking back and forth around his room.
    "What does this mean?" I asked finally.
    "I don't know but I'm not going to stop being with you that's for sure."
    "Well what can we do? We can't just let this person hurt people but we can't be the reason for sure and we can't.." I just kept rambling. One of my habits when I'm trying to figure something out and scared. All of sudden his lips were on mine. I pulled away.
    "That's one way to make me shut up." He just smiled. I turned away and was thinking. MY DAD! He's still in the hospital and who knows how long I've been here. He's probably worried sick! "I have to go see my dad!"
    "I'm not letting you go alone."
    "You can't come, it's too dangerous."
    "Right it's too dangerous, this person clearly wants you dead not me. I'm going and you're staying here."
    "No I'm not! He's my dad!"
    "Fine neither of us are going."
    "Ugh fine but you have to tell me everything!"
    "Deal." He turned away and started to leave. "I'll text you when I get there."
    "You better, I really hate you sometimes." He rolled his eyes and left.
***
    A few hours later I was getting worried. The hospital is 20 minutes away and he still hasn't sent me anything. My phone started to ring; speak of the devil.
    "Finally, I was worried you know you can't tell me your going to text me and then don't!"
    "Yeah sorry I hate to say this but you have to come to the hospital."
    "What? Why? What's wrong? Did something happen with my dad?"
    "No, your dads fine. He's doing a lot better but he's not the only one in a hospital bed."
    "Cody Johnson, why are you in the hospital as a patient instead of a visitor!?"
    "You have to come and I will explain everything."
'I barely did anything this time.'