Chapter 10 The talk about how the world is cruel

I follow Professor McGongall into her room, she takes off her coat and boils a kettle of water. I take off my ratty coat and sit on the chair. She sits on her desk with a plate of lemon cookies and a cup of tea with little cups of milk and sugar. 

"So tell me," she said as she hands me my cup of tea,

"What's going on?" I stir my tea in which I put milk and sugar in, I ponder the thought of really telling her the truth.

"If I told you," I said slowly," More people may not like me." I take a sip of my tea, it warm the insides of me.

"I'm not dumb, Miss. Stevens, I can see that you are bullied." she said looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I drink my tea, thinking what to say next.

"I know how it feels," Professor McGongall says. I drink the tea a little too fast and began coughing.

"You!" I said wiping my mouth.

"Yes," she said in a snappish way.

"So THAT"S why you don't like kids!" I said as the truth dawned on me. She gives me a nasty look and sips her tea.

"There is a muggle quote my mother told me,"I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody. The person who said was a tall man name Abraham Lincoln. Good gracious he is very tall." she replied chuckling a little.

I think about the quote. 

"I think I understand," I said."When people keep bullying, you have to keep going on because in the end they will realize it and experience it themselves."I told her.

She nods her head and replies,"Yet, it makes you stronger." I jump out of my seat and gulp down my cup of tea.

"Thanks Professor McGongall!" I go out of the Transfiguration room and new strength surges through me.

"No one can let me down."