4. The Many Different Faces of "Ai" [Free! Iwatobi Swim Club]

Title: The Many Different Faces of “Ai”

Fandom: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

Character/s/Pairings: Rintori (Matsuoka Rin, Nitori Aiichirō)

Genre: Romance, Drama

Notes and Warnings: I am not sorry that I am a MakoHaru person. I very much shipped RinHaru before stupid ass bitch(not really) Rin left for Australia, but after that, it was all MakoHaru and Rintori for me. Sorry, guys, but these ships give me less grief.

Enjoy! (Haha I just thought of this because I needed to kill some time so I could finish downloading the Beautiful Creatures OST, so this was totally half-assed. I don’t even know what I just wrote. I’ll probably regret it when I wake up tomorrow, so…)

1.

Nitori Aiichirō felt a surge of giddiness within him as he watched his senpai rip through the water with the strength, concentration and determination that could rival a shark starving for food. He couldn’t wait to shower Matsuoka Rin with his undying adulation as he waited at the end of the pool, carrying bright, yellow face towel.

2.

Nitori Aiichirō knew he tended to be a complete chatterbox at times, and he was very sure of how much it affected others when Rin glared at him after that one thoughtless comment about the Iwatobi Swim Club having boys who all had girly names. Nitori said a lot of things he didn’t want others to feel bothered about, but he couldn’t really help it—more so with his Matsuoka-senpai.

He also knew that Rin thought he was annoying, always dogging his every step.

3.

Because Nitori Aiichirō respected Matsuoka Rin.

Because Matsuoka-senpai was the one Nitori Aiichirō worshipped. And such feelings couldn’t be reciprocated—that was the natural order of things.

So Nitori Aiichirō can’t really take much of Rin’s time.

And spending just a few minutes with the one person Nitori Aiichirō knew that he wouldn’t stop adoring was already a plentiful blessing given by the gods in itself.

So Ai wanted to make the best of the time the gods would generously grant him.

4.

Nitori Aiichirō was ditched during a festival, but he stopped chasing after Matsuoka-senpai; Rin had other things that followed his footsteps.

Nitori knew nothing of them.

Because Rin wouldn’t tell him.

But Matsuoka-senpai didn’t really seem to like him that much anyway.

It was okay.

It wasn’t like Rin was too interested in “hanging out” with his chirpy kouhai anyway. He looked back at the things that followed his footsteps a lot,

5.

even though Nitori had, for once, taken the lead.

“You’re only entering free when you have the ability to do more, while I can’t even enter my preferred event. I feel so useless.”

6.

“GO, MATSUOKA-SENPAI!”

Hah, he wasn’t even cheering for his own team.

Oh well!

7.

But in the end, Nitori Aiichirō got what he’d always wanted.

And he got it from a rather… complete Matsuoka Rin.

It was thanks to the Iwatobi Swim Club.

And, well, himself, too… maybe.

Now, there was nothing following after Matsuoka Rin.

Now, that other potential dead weight was an actual companion and walked by his side, chattering away.

Even though Rin didn’t feel much up to it, he listened.

And smiled.