Chapter One

Mad Hatter - Melanie Martinez
-
Tyde's POV

My older brother, Troye, and I were walking down the school hallway on our way to lunch. Right before we reached the cafeteria, I saw someone familiar in the corner of my eye. One had brown hair and green eyes, wearing a light pink miniskirt with a white sweater, the other black-haired with dark brown eyes, wearing a baby blue skirt with a grey sweater.

"Ay, Ben, I thought only girls wore skirts!" I shouted at the black-haired one.

He glared at me. "I thought only idiots insulted people! Oh wait... that's exactly what you are."

"Rigt back at ya." Troye sassed, leading me into the cafeteria.

"Says the one who got an F in maths!" I heard the green-eyed one, Connor, shout at us as we stepped in the cafeteria. I know Troye heard it as well, but we both ignored it

***

I placed my hand on the doorknob, and opened the door to our house.

"Tyde! Troye!" Mum instantly came over and hugged us. "We've been invited out for dinner tonight."

"Please don't say it's-" Troye started.

"By Ben, Connor and their parents!" Mum cut him off.

"No!" Troye and I shouted in unison.

"It's always Ben and Connor!" I complained.

"What's the problem?" Mum asked.

"We just really don't like them, mum." Troye explained.

"Oh well, you have to be nice! We're their guests, and you'd like them if you gave them a chance." She gave us the look.

I spoke again, "Mum, they wear skirts-"

"And they can if they want to! Now go get ready."

"I call dibs on the shower!" Troye shouted, running to bathroom.

"But you take so loooooong!" I groaned, dragging out the 'o' as if I was proving my point.

Troye stuck his head out of the bathroom door. "Live with it, I called dibs!"

I rolled my eyes at him, and went upstairs to my room.

____
Connors POV {20 minutes later}
____

I set the plates in the cabinet, laughing as I hear Ben's silly singing (and probably dancing) in the shower. Mum looked out the window, and sighed.

I crossed my arms and groaned. Why? Out of anyone in the world, why them?

"Why do you hate them so much?" Mum asked, crossed her own arms over her chest.

"bec-" "because they tease us for wearing skirts and spread rumors about us at school." Ben answered, walking around the corner in a plain white shirt and black ripped jeans (Surprisingly).

I shiver, the outfit I was wearing wasnt really suitable for this weather. I go upstairs to my room, leaving a speachless mother behind. 

I grab a black long sleeve shirt, a yellow sweater with the word 'stussy' written across the front, and I decided to wear light blue jeans for the third time this week.