Chapter 9

"I know and I'm sorry but we need to find your father fast before they start doi-"

The lights go out and we hear three sets of footsteps coming our way. We know they are coming for mom, so Mullen and I go around a corner where we can hear them and we see them click on flashlights so we take a few steps back. These men are the same men who took my father but they look even bigger when I'm not running away for my life from them. How can so many humans be so big and muscular?

"Feedin' time, eh boys?" mom jokes but is rewarded with a slap in the face which she takes as if it happens every day and I believe it does.

I wince for her as she takes one more without complaint. Then they take out a whip and hit her once on the right leg. I don't care if I didn't hurt and if I haven't seen this woman for so many years, she's my mom and I'm can't stand to watch this happen to her.

"Mom!" I screech as I jump towards one of the men and hit him on the back of the head with a rock. One of the other ones takes his whip out and hits me once on the arm and I let out a blood chilling shriek in pain. Mullen comes and tries to help but seven more men run in and four of them take Mullen and hit him on his head hard enough to knock him out and make him fall to the ground. I scream as the drag him away from me after knocking him out.

"Mullen!"

"That's where feelings got you," she said right before they knock her out too.

I hate my mom right now but I want to help her and love her, but I just can't right now. They come towards me and one lifts his hands above my head while the others hold me tighter than before.

They don't knock me out. But do their things. They rip off my clothing and you know how the rest goes. The men switch out. I cry. I hear people yelling people who sound like security as in the back ups. They put number the men by at least ten. They don't hesitate at all. A few of them have guns which gets the other ones who are surrounding mom and Mullen. I see a familiar figure running towards me it's dad he's whispering something but everything is fuzzy and black I don't know what's going on. The last thing I hear is Anne stay with me. Then it's all dark

~~~~~~~~

"Anne, please wake up I love you. Please." The voice was familiar. An Ireland voice. A deep soothing amazingly soft and silky voice.

"How's she doing?"

"Pretty good I just hope she'll wake up soon. Also don't you think it's weird she hasn't turned into a mermaid yet?"

"It is. Something must've broken the curse."

"Maybe." What do they mean? I should have turned. Where am I? I try to open my eyes but they are too heavy. They win. I can feel someone kiss my cheek and whisper something sweet in my ear.

"I love you Anne I swear on my drum kit and life. Two things I very rarely do." Mullen kiss on my cheek must have temporarily broken the spell. Maybe they are right about him. I do really really like him. Love him maybe. But love is true strong of a word I've been hurt enough to say something like that and know it's not true. I just know he's different a very good different. I am finally able to open my eyes to find his piercing blue eyes.

"I love you to Mullen." I said it without thinking.

"Don't you see where emotion gets all of us?" It was my mom she was near all of us. She looked better than what she did in the cave I noticed the blinds shut and there were two bodyguards in the kitchen.

"Elizabeth, calm down be happy we're all together again."

"No we aren't Elvis! Weres our son? Hmm where is he? He's dead! Because of the trouble you got us in! I hate to break it to you!" My mom isn't herself. I don't actually know who she is anymore. Mullen notices my worry and squeezes my hand.