Chapter 3

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew the sun was coming up over the horizon, casting a gentle glow of blues, oranges, pinks, and yellows across the sky. It must have rained because the houses' roofs looked wet and the clouds were all gone, leaving a clear sky in its place. I sit up and look around, the lights are off in the house and there doesn't seem to be anyone awake so it must still be very early. I don't even see the morning joggers out yet. I suddenly notice one person walking in circles on the seaside near the house. It's a man, this man looks like Mullen! It's hard to contain my anticipation now as I am watching him and pondering why he isn't coming towards me.

After about thirty minutes of walking around in small circles with his hands on hips and occasionally running them through his hair, he sits down in front of the small beach house in the sand and puts his head down and puts his hands around the curve of his neck. I can tell he is thinking hard about what happened, like I'm not! Finally I get tired of waiting and start calling him and telling him to come over to me.

"Mullen, Mullen! Please I'll explain. MULLEN!" I yell over and over again until he finally gets up and walk towards me.

His head is down the whole time but when he gets closer he looks up. He looks angry and confused but still sad. We make eye contact but then he puts his head back down almost in shame. I hope he will understand...

heeeey... heeeey.....

"Mullen I'm sorry." That was a lot easier to say then I expected but he still looks hurt. He looks like he can't trust me. If looks could kill I think I'd be dead. I stare at my feet I'm ashamed of myself I can't believe I'm saying this but I want him to for give me. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes. Cryings a sign of weakness. I can't.

Baby don't cry

Baby don't cry Baby don't cry Baby don't cry

Why is talking to this man so dam hard! I don't know how to feel about him. At all I just us to be us.

"How about we take a walk." He said weakly.I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"Sure I know a good spot. Where we can talk about things." I tried to sound like I wasn't going to cry. I stand up from my spot on the shore.

"You know the waves are rather peaceful." I say to make conversation the silence was killing me. I want to hear his Ireland accent.

"I wish I could live beneath the waves sometimes it all seems so much more...."he trailed off.

"Peaceful?"

"Yeah that's it."

"It is. I've been spending my days down there for as long as I can remember well since I was 18''

"Let me guess it's when you started being a lunatic hiding things in the sea?"

"No, it when all of this crap started happening. I hate it."

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean me becoming a mermaid. I'm half mermaid half human. Well a majority human hence why I'm still like this. Hence why I wanted to see you in the morning I'm like this until noon you know. Ask my dad I wasn't lying about anything and no I'm not some sort of syrin. That's my mom. Do you believe me Becuase I can prove im a mermaid here and now if you'd like."

"Prove it then." His Ireland accent harsh and cold. We made it to my cave which had a tide pool in it so I went and sat in it and started turn it back into the other me. The me I'm used to being even as a kid I never really got humans.

"Wow!" He said it in disbelief.

"I believe you know."

"Was it really that hard?"