Firsts

Loki leaned over the balcony of the upper floor in the library. He chuckled as Hel squealed down below. Luk grabbed her by the waist, his hands covered in paint. She wriggled against him, complaining.

"No, I'm studying! I have to finish this chapter. Ah! Stop! You're covered in paint!"

Luk laughed and tickled her. She squealed again, laughing. She broke away and ran down an aisle. Loki breathed a sigh of relief that no one else was in the library. They'd been messing with each other all morning. He didn't feel much need to chaperone them but he wanted to see how they were getting on lately. It had been a few weeks since Hel had returned from Nilfheim. She'd stopped wearing her cloak for quite a few days but eventually it went back on.

When Luk had come, Loki had asked him what had changed. The man had explained that he'd sat down with her and told her that there was nothing to be ashamed of and so on. Loki knew there was more but as far as he could tell the two had yet to even kiss. Nothing to worry about.

"Daddy!"

"Ah-ah, he can't save you now!"

Loki chuckled as Luk came back into view with Hel thrown over his shoulder. She beat at his back and laughed. "I'm covered in paint, you oaf!"

"It'll come out." Luk shrugged and set her down, kissing her cheek. She giggled and sat back down to try returning to her book. Loki rolled his eyes and went down the stairs.

"Well, I'm off. Behave, you two." They waved and Luk said something to Hel, making her snicker.

"I heard that!" Loki lied.

"No, you didn't!" Luk called back before the door closed. He chuckled and sat down next to Hel. "Must you study now?" She nodded and he pulled her into his lap, nuzzling against her shoulder. Her bony hand clasped his around her waist while she read her book. He settled to occasionally kissing her neck and cheek. She smiled finally as he pressed a particularly long kiss to her neck.

"You're impossible."

He chuckled. "You didn't let me work a bit when you were on Nilfheim."

"Oh, so this is payback?"

"Mhm." He found a sensitive spot behind her ear and smiled as she trembled slightly.

"Lady Hel?" They jumped and looked up as Loki's servant waited uncomfortably. "The Queen requests your presence." Hel closed her book and stood, thanking the man.

"I'll come find you later." She murmured to Luk as she hurried to see what Frigga wanted.

................

"Luk?" Hell closed the door to her room, searching out her suitor. Frigga had wanted some advice for an upcoming event and needed Hel's opinion in the absence of Loki's. Finally finished, Hel had searched her usual spots, unable to find Luk.

"Gotcha!"

She screamed as he grabbed her around the waist, throwing her to the ground. He turned in time so that she fell on him, wrapped protectively in his arms. She giggled and beat his chest. "You scared me!"

"That was the point." He chuckled. She wriggled and leaned up, looking at him. Her hair fell over her shoulder, a thick black curtain to hide them from interruption. His smile faded as he realized how close they were. She looked at him innocently, still smiling slightly. His hand slid up to tangle in her hair and her smile finally faded as she realized what was happening.

He hesitated. Did she want this? She looked down at his lips. He stopped thinking, stopped wondering, and just pressed his lips to hers. Her breath hitched and he tensed up, expecting her to pull away. But after a moment, she relaxed entirely and kissed him back. He tightened his grip on her hair and swallowed the moan that rose in his throat. He pulled away finally, breathing heavily. She was so damned innocent there was no way she could know what that did to him.