Ch.4

Photo depiction of Kira Blade*

Previously*

2:41 AM

I heard noises. Clattering of metal, and scurrying. I moved Renegade over and covered her with a blanket; I changed to my wolf.

"Pleasant of you to join Mr. Blade."

_______________________

Please tell me I'm dreaming. I changed back to my human form, naked. It was my sister, Kira Blade. She has hated me ever since I could remember. Our father favored me more since I was a boy so, he gave me the Alpha title even though she is oldest.

"Leave, now Kira." I said.

"Not until you tell me about this smelly mate you have decided to bring into our home little brother."

How does she know about Renegade? She would've found out eventually but I don't want her anywhere near Rene. I signaled to my four Beta's in the house; they should hear me.

"It's time for you to leave now Kira. You are forbidden to come back." Ever since a falling out between Kira and the pack, she had never been welcome back here.

Two Beta's grabbed her from behind and bit her legs, causing her to fall; she'll be fine, for now. They dragged her out and away from the quarters. I went upstairs to make sure Rene was still asleep. Luckily she was, so I slid into the bed next to her.

________________________

Renegade Silver

I've been searching for Tyler all morning at school; haven't had a call from him or even a text or note or anything! I should go ask David if he knows where Ty is since they're apparently best friends now. I walked to David's locker and he was there looking into a thick book.

"Umm hi David." I said trying not to come on him like that.

"Oh, umm hi Rachel what's good?" he looked nervous and his eyes had dark circles around them. He never looked more tired in his life, is he hiding something? Because he shut his book and close his locker when I walked up to him.

"Umm, it's Rene- you know what, never mind. Have you seen Tyler?"

"You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?" I said a little cautiously.

"He's in the hospital, he got hit by a drunk driver after ditching." my mouth dropped.

I felt nothing but tears in my eyes. David looked around and walked away, dropping a few papers.

I need to see Tyler, I love that boy with all my heart. We may not have mutual feelings but I love him like my brother. I never wanted to see him hurt, not by a girl, guy, anything.

"We are going to see Tyler." a voice said. I looked up and saw Reno.

_______________________

Reno Blade

"I'm not going to see him with you, he's my bestfriend, not yours." she said getting up and walking out the hallway. I had every right mind to grab her arm and go but she had a point; I couldn't interfere and lessen my chances of mating with her. 

I smelt another type of wolf, like the dark wolves.

In history, my ancestors fought the dark side of the wolves and sent them out the country or something like that. But I smell the presence of them closely. There are papers on the ground, I reached to grab them, until the bell rang. I should probably track down Renegade's scent. Her beautiful scent was honey and vanilla with a touch of lemon. Sour but sweet. 

Her scent suddenly disappeared. I know it's not me or my nose not responding; it couldn't be.

_______________________

Renegade Silver:

I ran home first to grab some things, food to be exact. I ran home. I can't even believe my ass is saying that. That was probably the fastest I've ever ran in my life. Maybe I was sugar high or my adrenaline was pumping like crazy.

"Hey Sky, where's Nav?" I asked my brother Skylar as I searched in the pantry for some snacks.

"Navine is outside with dad playing football, mom went to the store, I'm chillin like a villain. Oh and I have a date tonight so I'll see you later." Sky said as we punched fists and he went upstairs.

I decided to take the car to the hospital since it is about 4 miles up the road.

20 minutes later*

"You can come in now Miss Silver." the nurse told me.

I thanked her and went inside Ty's hospital room. The nurse told me his parents went home to grab some clothes and would be back soon.

At least Ty was awake, he looked hungover. "Hey Ty." I said walking closer to my bestfriend. He sighed knowing he'd have to talk to me and said hi back. I tried to hug him but he just shunned me.

"What is it Tyler? Why are you treating me like this?" I asked sitting my bag down on the chair and leaning against the wall.

"Because I knew that if I told you that I had feelings for you, that you wouldn't feel the same way. Ever" he replied. There was a time in middle school when I was crushing on my bestfriend. He had a girlfriend though.

"You know I love you Ty, but you kept it from me all this time, I might have had feelings. You didn't show any signs either!"

"You don't know that." I don't know what.

"What?"

"Remember those 'His' and 'Hers' sweaters I bought for us two years ago?" I remember those. That was our bestfriend anniversary sweaters.

"Yeah? Our bff sweaters."

"I bought them because they looked like couple sweaters. People believed we were a couple because we were always together. I'm sorry but I love you so much more than a bestfriend." he said.

I was so naïve. How did I not pay attention before? I emptied the snacks from my duffle, and left. 

I left the hospitall and drove straight home; I just don't know what to do. I love him but I already said not as a boyfriend type of way. I ran straight to my bedroom at home; I'm so confused about everything going on. Everything from this werewolf thing to my bestfriend telling me he loves me.

A knock fell on my door, "Renegade, you need to stop being lazy and actually be productive during the evening. I'm starting to think you aren't taking your wolf very seriously; get it together." my father spoke quickly and then closed my door.

I can't take this. I just feel like punching the wall. My father brings me down, I never have one on one with my mother, the only brother I really talk to is Skylar, while Navine acts like the best thing in the world. I put the pillow to my mouth and screamed. I tore my bed sheets; not looking up. I just feel like I want to tear stuff up, tear paper or something hard.

I punched the walls with all my might.

_________________________