✧ 2 0 ✧

. . . 3 r d  P e r s o n . . .

- the next morning -

A knock ran through her apartment, Elle stood from her spot on the couch, stretching as she wandered over to the door

A knock ran through her apartment, Elle stood from her spot on the couch, stretching as she wandered over to the door. She looked through the peephole before she sighed, pressing her forehead against the cool wood. They knocked again and she undid all the locks before opening the door.

"Danny..." I whispered.

Their eyes met and the way he looked at her seemed to heal the cuts and scrapes across her battered heart. She could feel the once burning, searing pain of the hurt he'd inflicted upon her get washed away by each wave of comfort his eyes sent, crashing to her core. Utter adoration shone brightly in his deep blue eyes, filling her with a warmth and comfort only he could give her.

He amazed and infuriated her. Yet she craved him. She craved the feeling of being in his arms, the way their lips brushed and the overall feeling of safety she got when she was around him. And here he was. Standing right in front of her. Waiting, hoping for her to come back to him. To be with him once again, like he'd been longing for for so long, knowing she'd been yearning for the same thing.

Daniel felt his heart flutter in his chest as his name tumbled from her lips. He stepped forwards towards her, cupping her face in his large hands, wiping the tears she hadn't even noticed away with his thumbs. "I don't know what's happening anymore." She mumbled to him, still reeling from the events presented to her that night and the lack of sleep only served to heighten these emotions.

She brought her hands up, holding onto his wrists tightly as they rubbed soothing motions into her cheekbones. She then pushed his hands away and in Alma's words, took a leap of faith. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. She felt him stiffen beneath her before he swiftly wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her tightly against him. Danny revelled in the feeling of her in his arms once more, something he'd been needing since she left his apartment for the last time.

"No matter what happens." He mumbled in her ear. "I'll be there for you. I'll help you...I'll love you." He swore, tightening his grip on the blonde.

"You promise?" She whispered back with a vulnerability that she'd shown few people and had Daniel smiling into her hair.

"I promise." He assured her, his eyes fluttering closed, finally content.

Elle smiled into his jacket, her thoughts drifting to Dylan and all she could feel was uncertainty, her heart breaking. She was sure Danny would be there with her, helping her and guiding her through whatever confusing events she was sure were to unfold as a result of her knowing about Dylan's role in The Horsemen. All this time, her love for Daniel was forced under layers upon layers of doubt and betrayal. But now? Now, she was digging it up. She was brushing the hurt off it and putting it back out into the open.

"I love you." She breathed. Daniel pulled away quickly, staring into her green eyes with excited blue ones.

"You do?" He questioned and she nodded.

"I do."

A/N:
*screams because this was so shitty and I hate this chapter*

buT HEY AT LEAST THEY'RE P MUCH TOGETHER AGAIN!!

Please let me know what you think D:

x Clara