2

Justine

"You should dye your hair purple." Nae said running her hands through my hair. I looked back at her crazy.

"What?" I responded giggling.

"Dye your hair purple! It would look good with your complexion." She stated convincingly.

"Um I don't know about that.." I said sitting back down on her bed.

We had been here for over an hour. I was helping her unpack while we listened to Pandora and talked about foolishness.

"So you and Jaylin huh?" I said randomly.

She smacked her lips smiling. "Girl no, any fool can see all he gotta on his mind is pussy."

"Maybe you'll be the one to change him, you never know." I shrugged.

"I doubt it." She waved me off.

Soon we went downstairs to eat, except for Nae's brother who apparently went to work.

I began my short journey home carrying my book bag on my back. When I made it in I saw nobody was home which didn't surprise me.

My mom worked in the late afternoons and Marley stayed with her after school at the shop. Bri normally wouldn't come straight from school, she normally waltzed in around 7 or 8.

I locked the door and let out a exasperated sigh. I ruffled my hair and started up the stairs.

I went into the bathroom leaning over then tub and turning on the shower. I walked over to the mirror stripping out of my clothes.

I stood in the mirror tilting my head analyzing my petite body, noticing I had a questionable scratch on my thigh that I had no idea where it came from.

I hopped in the shower before the water began to turn cold.

After I finished I put on Pandora as I began to take my sew in out.

"Redemptions on your mind when you think about me.." I sung along and suddenly heard the front door open and close.

I peeked out the bathroom door, laying the scissors down. I saw Bri start climbing the stairs.

"That head looking rough." She chuckled.

"Shut up!" I laughed. "Help me please."

"In a minute." She said before closing her door.

I smacked my lips turning my music back up.

By the time Bri came back I was taking my braids out. She ran her fingers through my braids. "I don't need help now." I rolled my eyes.

She shrugged sitting on the toilet seat. "So wassup with that new girl Tae?" She scrolled through her phone as she spoke.

"It's not Tae its Nae" I giggled, "and nothing she's pretty cool. She just moved in down the street actually."

"She the one you rode home with?" I nodded deciding not to say anything about my stupid school girl crush on her brother.

"Jaylin told me to tell you to get him right with her." Bri said laughing.