Chapter 12 ~ UNKNOWN

This chapter is dedicated to PinkSky1105 , a dear follower who always makes my day with her comments and total support! Thank you so much 💖😘

Its eyelids were heavy, almost as heavy as the metal it was made of.

Its hands were tied, iron chains wrapped around its wrists and around a bulging tree trunk. It was stuck, and it didn't care. Its sensors were dizzy, disoriented. A cable or two must have snapped inside its head. Sir Eden would fix it, after it returned from its mission, if it ever did return.

Its mission... What did it do wrong? How did it get captured? And what would it explain to Sir Eden about its injuries? What did it do?

It could only remember flashes—a dark-haired girl, a crashing plane...and falling and falling into a dark abyss. And now here it was, damaged and captured.

Pain. The feeling flared through its head as a memory emerged. Brown eyes. Soft, warm brown eyes that stared into its very core.

Pictures flooded into its memory disk, depicting colors of autumn and laughter and two beautiful girls and love—

It shook the memory and the fuzzy feeling. It needed to focus—crash the plane, capture their leader, escape. Simple.

Plane. Check. Leader. Almost check. Escape...it needed to escape.

It jingled the chains. It was too weak, too distraught. Its head tipping backwards from frustration, it only realized where it was.

Sand. A plot of the stuff. It sat deep in the yellowish land, its grey pants and black shoes itchy from the grains. It looked around. Seashells. Coconuts...Coconuts?

It tilted its head back again and noticed the bulging green coconuts above. Perhaps it could shake the tree with its chains—

What was that? Its ears twitched. Footsteps. Sprinting footsteps.

A dark figure stormed through the forest, dust lingering behind. Long hair melting into the dark and flicking side to side as the figure surveyed the area, the person came into vision.

A girl? It remembered...it could still see the warmth in her eyes, and it remembered them smoldering out when it tried to kill her.

The girl didn't say a word, but her eyes continued smoking.

It grinned, cocking his head slightly. The soft, tender feeling erupted inside it again; and it felt the urge to speak to her.

Her eyes kept flickering—dashing right and left then left and right.

Its eyes traveled her body. She was small, but the way she stood hinted of strength and confidence. Perhaps it could use her. Leaning forward, mouth open to try to speak, the chains around its wrists jingled and—

"Sshh!" She whisper-shouted, her dark eyes locking onto its. "I'm trying to help you."

Interesting. It could definitely use her. It bit its bottom lip and gasped out, "How?"

How indeed was it suddenly able to talk to smoothly? Perhaps it simply never tried, never needed to.

"W-well..."