Christmas alone with....him?!

This is a one-shot that I did for the Christmas challenge that RaeKitano came up with.

The prompts:

- Reindeer antlers - Tinsel - A sad looking Christmas tree - The line "Why is there no snow." - Someone wearing frosty the snow man underwear and odd socks. - Hide and seek

RATED PG-13

“Why is there no snow?!” I yelled out, glaring through the window at all of the rain coming down. Enough rain to have me practically trapped inside of this cabin with…him.

 I cut my eyes to the side and stared at Nathan, my older brother’s best friend.  How did I even end up here? Just a few hours ago I was happily getting ready to go to a Christmas Eve party with my brother and was waiting for him to come pick me up. Fifteen minutes later I open the door and see Nathan standing there.

“What are you doing here?” I asked with a sneer.

“Hello to you to sunshine.” He rolled his eyes. “James asked me to come and pick you up and since I’m such a nice person I agreed. So, here I am now come on.” He finished and turned around walking back to his car without waiting for a response.

This is just like James, always pawning me off to one of his buddies. It’s not that I don’t like Nathan. He’s probably the hottest guy I have ever met but ever since James bought him home with him from school, we just haven’t ever been able to get along. We have nothing in common, can never agree on anything and he’s a straight guy that sleeps with any and all girls that he meets.

I groaned and walked out to the car. I raised an eyebrow when I noticed that Nathan had already opened my door. I got in, “Let’s go.”

We had been driving for about twenty minutes when the rain started to pour down and thunder boomed loudly every other minute.

“Fuck.” I nervously looked over at Nathan as he mumbled to himself and squinted his eyes to be able to see better through the windshield. He swore again and slowed down, turning onto a dirt road.

“Where are we going?”

“My parents have a cabin up here that we can wait at until the rain stops.”

“You and me are going to your cabin? Alone?” I asked, incredulously.

He glanced at me for a second before turning his eyes back to the road, “Jay, dude, I can’t see a thing through this rain. I don’t want you to get hurt if we end up crashing into another car.”

“Me? Don’t you mean us?” Yeah, he had to of meant us. Why would he only worry about me and not himself? That doesn’t seem like him at all.

We slowed to a stop in front of what I’m guessing is his cabin. I couldn’t really see it from all of the rain.

“Wait a second and I’ll grab an umbrella for you.” He quickly jumped out of the car, leaving me. I waited a few minutes, getting more and more frustrated. He lied! He’s not coming back to get me. “What a jerk!” I shook my head and through open the car door, getting out quickly and making a run for what I thought to be the right direction to the front door.

I kept my head pointed down as I ran, stumbling over gravel on my way. As I looked up to see how close I was, I ran into a solid object, knocking it to the ground. I decided to leave it and pick it up later once I could see and continued running until I had made it safely to the porch. I grabbed the handle and let myself in, sighing in relief when I felt warmth flow over me.

“Thanks for coming back for me Nathan!” I yelled, hoping he would hear me from wherever he was in the house.

A gust of wind hit me in the back when the front door opened and closed. “Jay.” Nathan growled at me.