Chapter 1-The Tango and The Party

• Dedicated to All My AMAZING friends

*******They are Juniors! It says it is the story, but I don't know if it was clear enough************

November 15, 2011. 12:20 pm.

I was sitting down at the lunch table with Jesse, my best guy friend. This is how our conversation went:

Jesse: Olivia, are you going to the Turkey Tango?

Me: Uh, Yeah! Why wouldn't I go?

Jesse: Well, the dance is in a week and a half, and you don't have a date.

Me: I'll get a date soon.

I say while I stuff a hamburger in my mouth. I guess I'm kind of popular because I always get a date to the dances.

Me: Who are you going with?

Jesse: I don't know. I was thinking of asking Leslie, she's almost, "A" list popular.

Me: Yeah, I know Leslie. Who are you going with?

I ask to my other friend, Kailey.

Kailey: Um, obviously George!

She says while George puts her arm around her.

Me: Right. Having to remind me again, that I am the only one who has NO IDEA who I'm going with!?!

Sammie: Not to mention I'm going with Erik.

Me: Thanks. I mean, you've been going out with him since last year. OF COARSE I REMEMBER! AND Isaac is going with Anna.

Erik: I'm sure someone will ask you.

Anna: Yeah, I mean, your beautiful!

I couldn't help myself from blushing, I've heard it before, I mean I do have those face features that guys usually die for.

Jesse: But, when should I ask her?

Me: Who?

Jesse: LESLIE!

Me: Oh right. Why don't I invite her to my party, then you ask her.

Jesse: Sure, why not.

When lunch was over I saw Leslie and called her over. When she came over I told her if she would want to come.

"Um, sure. I mean, will I know anyone there?" She says.

"Yeah! Well Jesse and Anna will be there. You can also invite like 2 people if you want."

"Awesome! Thanks Olivia!"

"No problem! It's on Friday, at 7:30!"

"Kay! I'll be there!"

When I finish my conversation with her, I walk through the crowded hallway to Jesse's locker. I brush my hands on my pants and say, "Done, and done! Leslies commin' to the party! But you need to come with me after school to get me a dress for my part alright?"

Jesse sighs and says, "Alright. I owe you one."

When we got to the mall after school I pulled his hand into Hollister.Right away I found a dress a little shorter then knee length that was white with pink and green flowers on it. To go with it I found a really cute white leather jacket. When I got my dress on, I asked him how it looked and he said, "Fine." But really he was just playing games on his phone.

"Well, 'fine' won't get me a date!" I say.

"Oh, Olivia," Jesse sighs as he looks up from Angry Birds, "You look fantastic. Any guy there will ask you out." I can tell he dosn't really care though.