Chapter 4- The Kiss and the Party

I woke up in the morning to the fresh smell of pancakes and bacon. YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY! I stretched and changed into our school uniform. Once I did my make-up and hair, I headed up stairs.

Jesse's house is five floors, and they do not have a elevator. I wish they did though, because I was in the basement, and the kitchen is on the 3rd floor. Once I finally got upstairs, I sat down at the breakfast table.

"Good morning Oliva! How are you?" Jesse's mom, Judi, says as she drinks her green tea.

"Not so good. Are you feeling better?" I asked her.

"Not so much. I have a bad fever, and my glands are super swollen." She says with a hoarse voice. As she says that I scoot a little further away from her. 

Just then Jesse comes upstairs with an empty plate in his hand. He burped then handed the plate to the maid. 

"Gross." I say as I make a disgusted face, and Jesse mimics my face by scrunching up his nose, and pulling his eyebrows down. I roll my eyes, and we hear a car horn. I know that that's our ride to school, so I scarf down the last of the hash browns, and rush out the door.

When I came back to school, I went to my room as quiet as I could, so Dad or Vickie wouldn't hear me. On my way in the door, I saw boxes of clothes, and decorations, which must mean that Vickie is moving in. 

I jump on my bed, and as soon as I do, my dad and Vickie walk in. 

"I probably don't understand what you feel like, and I'm really sorry that you feel this way, but I love Vickie, and I hope that you can learn to like her too. She is a really great women, and will treat you with kindness and respect. I will make sure-" My dad started to say. But I cut him off.

"Dad, save the lecture. I'm really sorry for my behavior last night, and I hope you can forgive me. I have thought this over a lot, and Dad, if you're happy, I'm happy. I think it'll be fun with someone else around." I say. I did mean every word of what I said. I had thought it over, and thought about HIS feelings over MINE.

"Well, that's great!" Vickie says. "Now just, go do your homework, and we won't bother you." With that, they left.

But instead of doing my homework, I took a nap. A nice one too. Tehe.

Friday after school was probably one of the most chaotic days of my life. I walked in our house, with the comfort of a bunch of strangers in it. They were all part of the party planners, and decorators. Everything at my party had a Thanksgiving theme. The D.J was outside, by the pool, getting his cords all hooked up. And he decorators were putting turkey statues all over the place, and Chef Leo was preparing a Thanksgiving meal. (Pizza, Soda, and Cupcakes.) We even had the skylight room set up as a, " Social Turkey," room.

The first guest arrived at 6:30. It was a bunch of "B" Lister girls, who obviously had never been to my neighborhood, because some of them were still outside, marveling at the garden decorations. 

"Wow. Nice place." One of them said. Some other girls said some stuff too, but they got drained out by, "Party Rock Anthem."

At around 7 o'clock Jesse, Sammie, Leslie, Kyle, and the rest of the gang came. As soon as they walked through the door, Jesse pulled Leslie to the dance floor, where they requested, "Baby," by Justin Beiber as a joke. 

By 8 o'clock, everyone was here, and that meant I could finally spend some time with Kyle. I found him getting some punch at the refreshment table.

"Hey." I said as he put his arm around me.  Oh my gosh! I tried not to squeal at the sight of him hand hanging off my shoulder.

"This party is AMAZING! You're house is totally dope!" He says. I laugh at his word choice of, "Dope."

"Thanks." I say back.

"Hey, you want to dance?" He says. My heart starts pounding again. 

"Sure." I answer. Then he grabs my hand and pulls me outside where the D.J. is. It got a little cold outside, so I put my jacket back on, and Kyle put his motorcycle jacket on too.

Halfway through, "Moves Like Jagger," Kyle whispers in my ear, "Hey, come over here for a sec." And motions to the skylight room, which was now empty. I nod, and follow him.

When we walk over there, I sit down on one of the floral benches, and Kyle sits next to me, and puts is arm around me again. The moon is shining right on us, which is good, because now, I can see his face better. 

"Wow. The moon is really beautiful tonight." I say to break the silence.

"Not as beautiful as what I'm seeing." He answers back as he reaches for my cheek.

His huge hand on my face felt weird, but soothing at the same time. Then Kyle started to lean forward, and then he kissed me. On the lips. My first kiss was with a totally hot senior. AWESOME.

Our kiss was pretty long, I guess. It was like 6 or 7 seconds. This may sound weird, but I enjoyed the kiss. Kyle was a really good kisser, and I hope that I was too. But the strange thing was, I didn't FEEL anything. I mean, I like him and everything, but I didn't feel any, you know, sparks.

After we kissed I took a sigh, and just looked at Kyle, he did the same to me. 

"So, do you wanna get back out there?" I asked, gesturing toward the dance floor.

"Totally." He said. We got back just in time for the slow dance. When it started, I was kind of nervous, I mean I had never ACTUALLY slow danced with anyone before, I wonder if I'll be any good. But as soon as the music started, and Kyle grabbed my waist, all my worried faded, as I put my arms around his neck. We swayed left and right, and sometimes just stood still. When we were still, I would put my head on his chest, and listen for his heartbeat. I don't know why but I was....calming, to know that someone else had a heart, and feelings, like me. When the slow dance ended, Kyle leaned forward and kissed me again, a little longer this time. Maybe 10 seconds. If he wanted to kiss me again, that must've meant that I was pretty good at it.

After we kissed for the second time, and looked over to Jesse and Leslie, who were also kissing, but  their kiss was only about 4 seconds. 

At about 11:00 I was feeling kind of drowsy, but I kept on talking and dancing.

By one o'clock, I have almost had enough. I went back to the skylight room with Kyle. When we got there, I lied down on the bench with my head on Kyle's knee. Kyle brushed back by blond hair from my eyes, and kissed my forehead. I must've fallen asleep right there, because that's where I woke up the next morning. 

I walked out of the skylight room, only with great memories from last night. My first kiss.