My Mate

"But I'm not any thing special. I'm a loser. someone like you won't like someone like me. It's just not something i can comprehend." I said backing up farther away from him.

"Why can't you just get it through your head? I love you. only you. No one else. You are the most wonderful person i have ever met. I could not have found a better mate." He said still walking closer to me while i was walking back until my back came to a wall. "Please don't reject me. I don't think that i could stand to lose you. I love you." He said right before passing his lips gently over mine. Then i suddenly responded because i could not stand to reject him. My wolf would not let me do what would be best for him. I just don't want to hurt him when they come for me."I have to go now." I said trying to get away.

"No you are not leaving without me, Phelan. I won't allow it." he said putting his hands against the wall on either side of me.

"you don't understand they are coming after me they don't want you. You can still be safe. Stay with your family. They killed mine you don't know how much they mean to you until they are dead. You need to stay here and protect them, Adolpha. Please just let me go. You won't have any side effects from me leaving. You and your family can still make it through. Don't let me hold the key to your survival, because it won't stay in my care to long." I said trying to say it with all the strength in my voice that used to be there when I was alpha of my pack.

"you say I won't have side effects but, what about when I can't sleep, eat, or even be nice to anyone including my family. We are mates I will not let you be alone in this. I love you. My family can take care of themselves whereas you are battered and beaten. I know who you used to be. You used to be so strong. You took control of your pack at the age of 15 because your parents died from a rogue attack in the woods. You being the youngest and the first female leader the rest of the pack leaders around you started attacking you. You were strong. You beat everyone they sent even entire packs. They just kept coming though. Then suddenly they stopped. You found a rogue on your land and questioned him he was an open book. He told you they were forming one gigantic pack to come and defeat you. You killed him out of rage. You needed to keep your pack safe so you ran back to them. You told them what was going on and they wanted to stay and fight so you sent all woman and children to your cousins territory. He felt honored that you would trusted him to take care of your pack. The combined packs came and you fought harder than they thought you could. You lasted two weeks. Two weeks of Torture hearing your friends and friends family die, but you continued to fight to show them you were stronger than they are but they killed every man and boy that you had fighting and left you hurt, injured, and tired. You fell asleep and woke up in your cousins house. Broken bones, bruised. He came in and looked at you and he looked worried but relieved when he saw you were awake. He was your older cousin he promised he would protect you. But he didn't he let you get hurt. That's when you remembered what happened. You started crying and he just hugged you. Your pack was dead without the men to help you protect it. So he invited you and your pack to stay. You only stayed until you were healed. Then you handed all power you had over your pack to him and left. then you had nowhere to go. you slept on buses, in parks, but never went back. i found you, you were in a train station sleeping, you looked beautiful, you woke up and looked frightened for a moment then remembered where you were and why and you suffered at the thought. it made me hurt that you had to live like that. now do you see i can't let you go. i can't now that i know what you went through. i won't let you go. let them come see that you have someone you care about. don't let them think they won. because they didn't. if they did you would be dead. you won. not them. just believe me for once please." he leans his head closer to mine. "please my love don't try to leave me. i will just follow you every where you go. i cannot lose you now that i have found you."

"how did you know all that? i have never told anyone that much. i can't let anybody get close to me ever again that is why I left. i don't want anyone else to die. especially not you. and i already care so much. i just can't stay i have to go. Adolpha. i love you and its dangerous for me to say but I had to and-" I was cut off by his lips crushing mine. It felt so good to be this close to him. my wolf was telling me to stay. That he could protect us both. I had to know if he was serious about wanting me to stay or if he would find someone stronger and reject me. I pull back and see last in his now black eyes.

"you said you love me. you finally said it. after what has felt like years of me saying it to you, you have finally said it back. now you will never ever even leave my arms. you are mine. the decisions that you make effect me now. if you leave then I go with you. i would follow you any where." he said with his arms wrapped around me. "if you want to leave I'm going with you. we won't sleep on the floor we will sleep in beds every night. we will be taking showers and be reading good food every night. you will have every thing you need and could ever want. then when you get back to your usual strength we will come back and you can take back your pack. Phelan you can be alpha again i won't take that. It's clear that you miss being a leader that's all that kept you going through the hard times. you can have that again."

"are you sure?"i asked looking up at him.

"of course I am love. I have known that I would follow you any where since I met you." he said hugging me tighter to him.

"fine you can come with me, but no comments when I'm wanting a separate bed. I like my space." he looked at me with amusement.

"I don't think so. I just told you I'm not letting you out of my arms. you are mine now that i know how you feel." now it was my turn to be amused.

"just you try to get in the shower with me and how much you want me but your side then." I said trying to get away.

"you are not getting away longer than 30 minutes then."he said worried

"better. now if you want to come with me we need to leave soon. they will know i have been here longer than every where else." I said walking backwards with him still holding me. next thing I know I'm not on the floor any more, but in his arms.

"no. I will not stand for this. you will put me down now." I demanded.

"well I can't put you down now. you won't stand for it." he said smiling. "I can't let you fall now can I?"