Headaches and Heartbreaks

My heart felt like it was about to break, and still he didn't stop.

"-And the worst part is Rose, is that you just don't see it. I don't love you anymore. Whatever fantasies or delusions you harbour are just that. They aren't real. You need to understand that whatever I may have felt for you in the past has faded, my...recent past has eclipsed all that."

"Look me in the eyes Dimirti, and tell me that you don't love me. Because I know you can't do that, you still love me." I knew that I was pleading but I couldn't bear the thought of him leaving me. Of never seeing him laugh like he used to, of never seeing him smile like he did whenever we kissed. I couldn't accept that I would never have access to that side of him ever again.

He turned to me.

"I don't love you."

He stood there, looking into my eyes as he said it. And that, beyond anything else made me believe him. Because although he could hide his expressions from me, I could always see his true emotions in his eyes. And there was no love there, not anymore.

My already bruised heart couldn't take it, I felt like I was about to cry. But I wouldn't, couldn't, cry in front of him. So with one last look at him I turned away. I had only walked a few hundred yards when I realised someone was watching me.

The figure in the trees has light brown hair, artfully hanging in his face, light green eyes and pale skin.

"Shit."

Adrian had just seen everything, and from the way he was looking at me, he had heard it all too.

"Adrian wait!" Shit shit shit, this was really bad, I had no idea how I was going to get away with this. Crap, I probably wouldn't. Arrghh! Screaming internally probably wouldn't help the situation but it would make me feel a whole lot better.

He ran off with a lot more speed than I thought he would have seeing as he wasn't exactly Mr Athletic, more Mr Stoner. I sighed and began to chase after him, but then the rain began, causing my already tearful eyes to be pretty damn useless. I carried on though, until we reached the housing section where I lost him. "Crap," I muttered under my breath. "Crap, crap crap."

I gave up on Adrian and retreated back to my room where I took a long shower and climbed into bed. I was too full of thoughts and mixed emotion to really let it all sink in. That is until about 2pm, (the middle of the night for us) when I suddenly woke up and began to cry uncontroably. It had jut hit me. Dimitri truly did not love me anymore. He was not Strigoi but any love he felt for me had gone.

I screamed, ripping at the sheets with my hands as tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Dimitri! Dimitri! Dimitri…..Dimitri…." I repeated his name again and again, shouting, screaming at first until my voice had left me and I was just mouthing his name, over and over until consciousness left me and I fell back to sleep, still crying for the love I had lost.