Chapter 4

Drew sat in the dark; his phone was full of messages, texts as well as voicemails from David, Evan and his father. He didn’t want to talk to any of them; he felt betrayed and lied to.

Yeah they were right, they knew how he would react but that still didn’t give them the right to hide this from him.

A knock on the door made him hold his breath, he wasn’t ready to face any of them at the moment, and he just wanted to be left alone.

‘’Dad, I know you’re in there, please let me in.’’ Drew hurries to open the door at the sound of his son’s voice.

His son stood there biting his lower lip, his eyes were bloodshot and Drew knew his son had been crying.

‘’Andy, what are you doing here? You should be in bed, you got school tomorrow.’’ Drew said as he guides his son into his dark office.

‘’I couldn’t sleep, you weren’t there and dad is worry about you, so is grandpa, they been sitting in the kitchen talking in whispers, thinking that I couldn’t hear them, dad I heard them and I heard you and dad arguing this morning.’’ Andy looked at his dad with more questions in his mind, like why was it so wrong for him and Ethan to be together? Why was his dad so against it?

But he refrained from asking those questions for now; he just wanted to make sure his parents were ok.

‘’Andy, is complicated but everything is going to be ok.’’ Andy huff as he takes a sit on the opposite chair facing his dad, Drew had turned on the small lamp on his desk.

‘’doesn’t look that way, you’re hiding in your office and dad is at the house freaking out.’’ Andy points out.

‘’We’re just having trouble communicating that’s all, and I’m not hiding, I was working.’’ Drew states not meeting his son’s gaze.

‘’That’s total bullshit, and you know it, you weren’t working!’’ Drew gaped at his son, when did Andy start to curse like that?

‘’Andy, watch your mouth boy, and I was working!’’ Drew gritted his teeth in annoyance.

‘’Quit lying to me, and to yourself, who works in the dark?’’ Andy was now glaring at his dad.

‘’Ok! Fine I wasn’t working but whatever is going on between me and your father is between me and him!’’ Drew was losing his patience, he stands up and starts to pace around his office.

‘’No, it concerns me too, I heard you guys arguing! You’re mad about Ethan having feelings for me, and I for him!’’ As soon as Andy shouted that he gasped and covers his mouth with his hand, his eyes were wide open in surprise and he just stared at his dad.

Drew clenched his jaw tightly and narrow his eyes at his son, this he didn’t want to hear, fuck Andy could be 12, 13 or 20 years old but Drew was still his father and he didn’t want his son hurting.

‘’You’re too young to have those kinds of feelings.’’ Drew started saying but Andy had recover from his shock and he was already shaking his head no furiously.

‘’How would I learn if you’re not letting me? How do you expect me to know what love is if you’re pushing away the person who’s bringing these feelings out of me? And how can you think that what you’re doing is ok?’’ Andy started out loud but by the end of his words it was barely a whisper coming out of his mouth.

‘’Andy, I don’t want you to get hurt, I love you son and the thought of someone hurting you makes me see red.’’ Drew confess with soft words, Andy met his dad’s gaze and he could see how honest his dad was being, the softness of his words, the love shinning in his eyes everything pointed to Drew just looking out for his son.