TB-ED 6: Venomous Kiss

Hey! Is anybody still reading this? lol

I just finished "My Facebook Sweetheart" (my Kise Ryouta fanfic) the other day so I decided to work on this one next. Hopefully I get to finish this before I start working again lol so that I can also update my other fanfics and books

This one has a promising plot so I really want to continue this.
*cries*
I hope I can. Fingers crossed.

—————

CHAPTER SIX

Aoi Natsume, my ex-stepbrother, had brought me to the apartment he was staying after taking me away from my current stepbrother.

Somehow my head only ached more while thinking about that.

Me and my complicated life.

His place was very close to his high school, just a couple of blocks away. It had one bedroom, a clean toilet, a small sala and kitchen.

Well, to be honest, I was completely surprised when I found out that he had been living on his own for months now. Natsume had always been a responsible son, the type who would never go against his father no matter what happened, but I guessed it was different this time. He still couldn't accept the fact that our "little family" had been torn apart because of what his cheating father did.

It had always been the same for me, like nothing's basically new, but for this guy I knew this was something that he couldn't just cope up with just like that.

"I'm sorry," I suddenly said after minutes of silence, "For worrying you."

"Please don't do that again." His deep emerald eyes were looking at me intently, almost as though trying to make me digest every word he was saying. "We were worried sick. Please keep in mind that we care for you."

In times like this it was always Natsume who would give me comforting words, pushing all my worries away. Today, however, it just wasn't working. The burden I was carrying in my heart was too much. Even I didn't know how to make this go away.

I nodded anyway then patted the top of his head lovingly. Of course, I wouldn't want to worry him any more than this. "Thank you, Natsume."

He let me do that to him for a few more seconds before he grabbed my hand and held it firmly. "Nee-san, how long are you planning on treating me like a kid?"

My eyes widened in surprise, but I quickly composed myself. "What do you mean?"

"I want you to think of me as a man."

The force in his voice had me at a loss for words. I couldn't exactly comprehend the meaning behind what he was saying.

I mean, yes, he changed a lot. He looked manlier now compared to when we first met. But wasn't that completely normal? He was growing, after all. So what exactly did he mean by treating him like a man? He was still going to be my younger brother.

Natsume, noticing my reaction, brought my hand closer to his face. He snuggled his cheek against the back of my palm. "I wish I could just make all your problems go away, but..."

His voice trailed off and I noticed the tears in his eyes. His shoulders were shaking too. "Natsume?"

"But right now I'm hurting, too." He pulled me by my hand, hugging me so tightly that I gasped in surprise. "Nee-san, I want to be with you. I want to see you every day like before. I miss you every day. It hurts."