Chapter 21: More Than Dean Winchester Loves Pie

“Alison, what the hell are you doing here?” I demand of the blonde demon in a hushed tone, pulling out of the extremely awkward hug that she’s basically just forced me into—  as if we’re close friends or something, which we obviously aren’t; we’re not friends, let alone close friends. She’s icky and rude and not to mention the fact that I hate her more than I hate anything else in this world. Well, except for maybe track because I really, really hated track so very much. I mean, it obviously comes in pretty handy whenever I need to run—  which is a little less than never—  so that’s pretty cool, I guess. The thing is though, I said goodbye to track forever the moment I walked across the stage at graduation a few months ago. I can’t really ever say goodbye to Alison because like an annoying little fly that won’t die, she’s always right there. For no absolute reason at all either, considering the fact that she and Walker are no longer together.

Sure, Walker claims that she’s not that bad of a person but I have absolutely no reason at all to believe that. I mean, she was just so, so mean to me. I don’t care about that though, the fact that she caused Walker so much pain is what really makes me angry. Like, she can do or say whatever she wants to me but my friends are the line and when she starts messing with them, she crosses it and that’s not okay. I mean, she doesn’t terrorize us or anything I just don’t like the emotional toil she put Walker through. But she really did hurt him so, so much, after they broke up, I mean. Well, after the first time anyway because that was when he came to my house in the pouring rain and was all depressed and refused to do anything normal like bathe or laugh—  he just ate grilled cheese sandwiches and cried. The second—  and final—  time around though, that wasn’t too bad for him, I don’t think, since he’s the one that ended it with her for good over Spring Break when were in Colorado and they got into that huge fight and he ended up kicking her out. That was such a beautiful moment.

“I’m here to see Walker, of course,” She tells me with a giggle as she raises her hands and gestures towards the large and rather thick oak door, as if to signify to me that Walker is in there, which is stupid since I clearly already know that, seeing as how I’ve been the one that’s been here with him all these days, all day, every day. Save for those two days that I wasn’t though, when Bradley, Tanner, Drew and Mikey all thought it’d be best that I leave. They practically forced me to stay home yesterday and Saturday and it wasn’t very fun at all. Well, I guess I should rephrase that—  they didn’t actually make me stay at home, they were just very strongly against me coming up here to Alberti to see Walker, which is total insanity to me and I couldn’t take not seeing my best friend anymore, which is why I’m here right now.

“Yeah, obviously,” I scoff, rolling my arms and crossing my arms across my chest, glaring at her. “But why? You do know that you two are like, broken up, right? And you have been for like, five months,” I remind her, you know, just in case she forgot because she evidently has. Granted, if Bradley and I were still broken up and I found out that he had cancer, I don’t think I’d be able to just go on with my life and not go to see him.  I like to think that I actually have a soul and a warm heart though, unlike Alison—  who definitely doesn’t have a soul because demons don’t have souls and I know this because of my extensive watching and dedication to Supernatural.

“Yeah, I was there,” Alison shoots back, narrowing her eyes at me and then mimicking my motions by rolling her eyes with an irritated sigh and crossing her arms across her chest too. I’m not sure if she actually did it just to annoy me or if she just did it just because. Knowing Alison Baker though, it was probably just to annoy me, which it succeed in doing. “We are friends though and I have just as much a right to be here as you do,” She tells me.