Seven: Entries

Fallon, Skye and I made our way to the Slytherin common room. We were surprised to find practically everybody sitting there, all talking excitedly. The boys talk to each other, discussing several Beauxbaton girls that have caught their interest. That made me wanna gag.

"Oh my gosh, Florence, how excited were you that Viktor chose to talk to you, out of all the other girls?" Kristie runs up to me, several other Slytherin girls join in, "I mean, he picked you, when he could have picked plenty of other girls, all much prettier than you," She adds, with an innocent smile.

I cough loudly, astonished that Kristie would say that to my face! Several of the other Slytherin girls let out a loud laugh, and nod. My cheeks turn red, out of embarrassment and out of anger.

"Wait, there are girls that are prettier than her?" Skye speaks up, bitterly. She looks all the girls around us up and down, carefully, especially Kristie, "Well, when you see them, be sure to let me know," She says, a smug smile on her full lips.

Kristie glares at Skye, and at me. With a huff, she storms off, towards the other end of the Common Room. Skye and Fallon start nearly falling over with laughter, but I just tuck my hair behind my ear, insecure.

"Oh, come on, Florence. You can't honestly be putting what she said, to heart?" Fallon asks, putting his hands on my shoulder and looking me in the eyes, "You're far more beautiful than any of those girls," She insists, causing my cheeks to match the shade of my hair.

"You're just saying that because you're my friend," I roll my eyes and take his hands off of my shoulders.

"Not true, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Obviously Viktor Krum agrees with me," He puts a smile on his face, but I can't help but to think it looks almost bitter.

"Let's not start this," I mumble, and make my way over to Gael Darcy, one of our friends.

I didn't want to get in a discussion about Viktor. It all felt so... weird. Why is he so interested in me? He's a world-famous Quidditch player, that has girls fawning over him right and left. And, here I am, a short girl, with ugly red hair, and stupid freckles, and he chooses to sit beside me.

He's probably doing it for a joke. He chose a girl that he had no interest in, whatsoever, and he would try to embarrass her as much as he could. I'm sure him, Demetri, and Ivan are back on the Durmstrang ship, having a good laugh about it all.

"Hello, Florence," Gael smiles, from her spot in front of the fireplace. Her wavy, died-blue hair seems to resemble blue-fire, like in the Goblet of Fire. Her thick Irish accent makes me feel a little bit better, nearly immediately. Gael is always there to show me the bright side of things.

"Hi, Gael," I sigh, feeling happy to escape Fallon and Skye's jokes.

"You doing alright?" She asks, poking the fire with a metal poker. She looks over to me, watching my face carefully.

"I've been bet-" I start to confide in her, when someone comes over, messing with my hair.

I look up to see Elliot looking down at me. His usually playful expression is replaced with a serious one. I only see him look like this when he speaks business with father. So, I know something's up.

"Florence, I need to talk to you," He says, forcing a smile on his lips, "Sorry, Gael, I've got to steal her from you," He smiles over to Gael.

Gael doesn't take notice of his fake smile, so she blushes, taking prey to his charming ways. He takes my hand, helping me to my feet. I wave to Gael, before heading out of the common room with Elliot.

He smiles at a few people making their way into the common room. He checks down the hallways, to be sure that there was no one around.

"I talked to father today," He says, quietly.