Chapter 2

Chapter 2!

*I can only repeatedly apologize for myself. I have not uploaded this story at all! It's been like 6 weeks. So sorry! Please enjoy!**

I danced into the halls of St. Thomas school. Many other kids surrounded me. I recognized a few faces. St. Thomas was grades kindergarten all the way up to my grade, eighth. I had prepared myself well for this morning. I ate a good breakfast of cheerios and orange juice. My mom neatly braided my hair. But now it was up to me to get this year off to a good start.

"Students please take your seats!" I saw Abby, Veronica, and Lily all sitting by each other. They were kind of a click. No one talked to them but each other. Warren and Quincey were laughing about something. Those two basically hated everyone. A very awkward boy named Earl sat alone. And the rest of my class is very diverse as well.

At about noon, it was recess time. I toddled alone. I never really felt that I needed friends at school. I had my mom and sister. I could tell them anything, anything at all. They would listen and give advice. I'm not sure of the kids in my school would do that. I mean, maybe. But I don't mind not having school friends. Mom and Leah, that was really all I needed.

I discovered an old rugged stick. I picked it up and began trailing it along the fence. A car sat in the parking lot adjacent to our parking lot, or play ground they called it. I could have sworn I saw a man siting in that car, but I did not take the time to look closely. I ignored it and kept on going with my stick.

I went home and didn't say much about my school day. Only because there wasn't much to say about it. It was mainly just the teachers blabbing about the start of the new school year.

"Do your work this year everyone!"

"New school year, new start!" Same old, same old.

Leah had much to say about her start of her Freshman year. She was ecstatic about the tons of people in high school. She almost peed her pants when she talked about how hot Andy Miller got over the summer. And she literally screamed about all her classes. Leah never got this excited about anything.

"You should be excited for high school, right Crystal?"

"Sure." I said with sarcasm. I was not happy about going into high school. I wanted to actually just be home schooled, but Leah wasn't so happy-go-lucky about that.

"And don't bring up home schooling again." Leah snapped, it was like she read my mind.

"Stop badgering her! She's just begun eighth grade!" My mom said. At least someone was on my side.

Many days past and I kept seeing the man in the car. Now I was certain there was definitely a guy in there, watching or something. I didn't really care the first time, but now I was just annoyed. I want to enjoy my recess in peace. Not with this man in his car watching me.

**Thanksssssssssss for reading!**