Prologue

Yellow eyes glared at me between my mother and father. Why me? I watched as the humongous wolf in front of us licked its lips. He made it clear that all he wanted was me. But we knew Rogues too well to know think he would just call it off if my parents gave him me. The only white wolf in existence. My eyes widened as he took a step forward.

Growls erupted through the room as my parents took defensive stances in front of me, blocking any attacks from the Rogue. All three of us heard when he linked our minds to his.

“All I want is the white wolf. If you surrender her, we will leave peacefully.” said a husky voice in my mind. He was talking to my parents. He wanted me. I let a small whimper escape my lips and I peeked around my father.

“We aren’t letting you have our baby. She didn’t ask to be like this. She is unique. She doesn’t even know how important she is. Just leave.” my father growled.

I heard howls and screams come from outside our two-story house. A small smile played at my lips. The pack. They came to save us. Maybe they did care about me after all. The alpha busted through the double doors of our house and lunged at the disgusting Rogue. But not a second after he made contact with it, I was sent flying across the room.

My small body hit the wall and I groaned. I raised my frail hand to my head at felt the blood seeping through my golden blonde hair. I opened my eyes and saw my parents in their wolf forms fighting two more Rogues. Tears welled up in my hazel eyes as I realized what I had caused.

My mother glanced toward me with worry in her eyes. That was her fatal mistake. The Rogue caught her throat and tossed his head. I heard a sickening crack and I gasped. Big mistake on my part. The Rogue that killed my mother and the one my father was fighting lunged at me. I squealed and covered my face cowardly.

But not impact came. Just snarling and a whimper as my father changed back to his human form. Tears formed in my eyes and spilled over my tan cheeks as he stared up at me in pain.

“Daddy…?” I asked as I grabbed his hand. I was a total Daddy’s Girl. Always have been. Always will. I guess that is why I did exactly what he told me to do next.

“Sweetie, the pack has got all the rogues out front. Go out the back door and run. Don’t look back. Just run.” he winced in pain as he pleaded.

“But, Daddy….I don’t want you to go. Please. Stay with me. Don’t go!” I said as I draped myself over his chest crying. I was too young to lose my parents. They were the only ones that actually cared.

“Go! Now! But don’t forget,” he reached over to my mother’s limp, lifeless body and grasped her hand, “we will always love you.” His eyes finally closed and I broke out in a series of sobs. I kissed both of their cheeks and ran to the back door. I took one last look at my loving parents, the only two people to ever care for me, and whispered my last words to them.

“I love you, Mom and Daddy. Good bye.” I whispered before I turned and ran into the dense woods surrounding our house. I never looked back just like my father told me. I just ran.