Chapter 5

Day of the party

10:35 a.m

I ran to Siobhan’s but she wasn’t there! The Cleaner opened the door and she went on and on about how she remembers being young and not having a care in the world. Yeah, right…I’m completely care free!

She finally told me Siobhan was at the competition at the Tabernacle. What competition?

I have to run.

10:45 a.m

I’m at the Tabernacle! This is like a rock club and I just saw this flyer saying “Battle of the Bands”. Wait… What?

11:00 a.m

As it turns out Siobhan’s band is in the final and she plays the bass! She looked so cool with her bass and her clothes and make up! So this was what she was hiding all along.

So I thought, this is perfect! They have to play at our party! Siobhan was not at all convinced but the guys in the band used to go to our school and they said yes right away!

We’re saved!!! 

8:30 p.m.

Everything is going well. The party just started and everyone’s all dressed up and dancing. Can’t see Murphy anywhere though…

8:45 p.m

I just spotted Murphy. He’s with Eavanne. Oh! Ali’s starting his magic number.

9:15 p.m

That went well! Ali called for his glamorous assistant, aka Miss O’Connor, to pull two pieces of paper from a hat to call for two “volunteers”.

Completely random, right? Yeah… but the names were Aisling and Murphy!

Please, Ali… really?

We went in the Tomb of Doom together and Murphy starts saying that he can’t believe we were picked up. Yeah, like I was happy with being in a tiny box with him!

We started arguing and Murphy implied that he saw me and Ali kissing! I explained to him that Ali made a mistake and that there was nothing going on between us. So he told me that there was nothing going on between him and Eavanne and that I should know better that she’d try something. It's more like she'd try anything, if you ask me...

Well, Eavanne or no Eavanne, Ali or no Ali, he should know he can always trust me!

The discussion went on and I got so mad I tried to turn my back on him but the box was so narrow that I couldn’t help to nudge his hurt foot. It was hilarious…but I was really trying not to laugh.

Then he started laughing too and he said the sweetest thing ever. He said that things were always better with me around! So I told him I felt the same way.

Ali opened the door right in the middle of the most magical kiss and everyone at school saw us!

I didn’t even care.

11:30 p.m

The party went on brilliantly! Siobhan and the band were great!

We danced for hours and even Miss O’Connor was enjoying the party!

I think this is going to be a Merry Christmas after all!

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.