Chapter 1

Six Days to the party

2:15 p.m.

I’m so sick of waiting... Who’s Miss late now, eh Siobhan? Ali is practicing his magic but, honestly, there’s only so much card tricks a girl can take…

2:30 p.m.

Finally! Murphy just showed up with those knuckleheads of a crew. Eavanne and Sorcha arrived too but they went to a different table. Whatever.

Still no sign of Siobhan! Where is she? We were supposed to be organizing a huge school charity party for the holidays and she was suppose to be in charge of it!

2:35 p.m.

I just got a text from Siobhan!

‘SORRY! Can’t make it. Sorry AGAIN! Siobhan xx’

Oh great…she was just supposed to be in charge of the whole party! Now what? Murphy says we should cancel it but I just don’t feel like sitting around doing nothing for the whole winter break.

He said that once he got to hang out with me he didn’t care what we do. I felt like I was floating on air but Murphy was about to leave so I needed to get back to earth before he could get up and forget the whole party.

But the Wicked Witch of the East aka Eavanne was all flirty with Murphy, saying the party could be a chance for him to show off. And when I suggested we could get a local band to play at the party, she mentioned The Score over my KVX suggestion.

How on earth will she get The Score to play at our party, at school, no less? Apparently, as she was so proud to say, “she has contacts”...

There was this mad intense look between Murphy and Eavanne, so I panicked and did something really desperate… I said I could get the Krew to dance at our party.

Why do I keep doing this? Why do I keep signing up for impossible tasks? Murphy was really impressed though… but that won’t matter if I can’t do it! Aisling, please…

5.00 p.m

I’m in my room and Siobhan just left. She was grilling me about promising to get the Krew but hey!, she was the one that didn’t show up so wasn’t there to stop me from doing something so stupid. It’s kind of her role as chair of the party and as my best friend, don’t you think?

And it would be so much easier if she just called the Krew for me because she can virtually talk anyone into doing anything. I asked her to help me but she’s too busy doing something, she won’t say what.

Her phone rang and I grabbed it before she could. “Mark Hogan calling”? Could this Mark be the reason for such mystery?

Siobhan snatched the phone back as quickly as she could, saying Mark was just a guitar-playing friend of her cousin’s. And then she got up all nervous saying she had to go.

She did promise to come with me to the meeting with the Krew, but I have to set it up myself!

Five days to the party

11.00 a.m.

I just got off the phone with this guy Rosko, manager of the Krew and I got us a meeting! Yay!

11:15 a.m.

Eavanne is painting a banner that reads ‘The Score’. It’s like a glitter fest out there. I hope I don’t screw up at the meeting with The Krew or Eavanne is gonna get all the attention she’s desperately craving for…

Meanwhile I’m trying to help Ali with this Tomb of Doom box he got off the internet. It’s a box about the height of a person, really narrow with a secret panel. No luck finding the secret panel, though… especially because the instructions are not even in English!

11:30 a.m.

Ali invited me to be his “glamorous assistant”! Yeah… because glamorous is definitely my middle name… not!

And he is kind of acting a little weirder that usual, but I don’t have the time to investigate it now because Siobhan is missing… again.

11:38 a.m.

God! Why isn’t she picking up? Pick up your phone!

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.