=) Uno

Twenty missions in eight months. Nineteen were successful but one was a total fail. The client had backed out midway and had ratted me out at the same time. His name was added to my list and that is not a good place to be. Let's just say that it would be very unfortunate for him if we ever crossed paths again.

           I usually have a maximum of three missions a month and I've already completed my third for this month but there's a reason why I'm standing in a park, with a bagel in hand. Harry Rocheford. A businessman who has claimed to make more money than Mr. Trump. He has an impressive background and a few enemies that got their cage rattled. All in all, I think this businessman is a big d-bag but when business calls, I wait at the park for a d-bag who is 20 minutes late.

           Rocheford finally arrived with a big smile on his face. "Ah, so you are the legendary Mr. E! Sorry for being late. I got caught up at work and lost track of time. Now, tell me Mr.  E, what exactly do you do?" chimed the man who called for my services. Was he joking?

           I sighed and smiled. "Well, Mr Rocheford, I'm a specialist. I do a lot of things. What I don't do is murder, conspiracy, theft, and several other illegal acts. The question now is what can I do for you?"

           Rocheford laughed, shook his head and asked "So what have you done? The person that recommended you was so impressed by what you've done for him and told me that if I needed someone to help me with my problem, I should call you. So just humor me,"

          I put on a fake smile and said "Very well then. I usually help the ladies open their eyes to see what madness of a relationship they are in. I work as a wingman or a middleman or whatever you call it. Sometimes I get requests to be a spy of some sorts. Though, most of my missions are missions of love. I rarely accept missions of obtaining information but it depends on the nature of it. If it's for the better good, then yes, I will accept but not if it's the other way around,"

          "And what is your success rate?" asked Rocheford who now has his arms crossed.

          "Well, overall statistics are 98%," I replied and crossed my arms too. I admit I was a bit cocky but I see no reason not to be. I had a high success rate and am proud of it. I worked hard and now, I'm basking in my glory.

          Rocheford looked pleased and impressed. Well, he should be and he should have a job for me. I didn't come to the park for a stroll or a 'friendly' chat and I hated the park for good reasons. 

         "Impressive. I guess I can trust you with a job that needs to be taken care of. All that you need to know is in this file. I will pay you a huge sum of money if you can pull it off. Call me with your decision. I do look forward to working with you, Mr. Ames," said Rocheford as he handed me a thick file.

        We shook hands and he left. I went home and bought lunch on the way. After entering my apartment, I took off my shoes and placed the food on the counter. I took off my jacket and placed it neatly on the chair. I looked around my spacious apartment and smiled. This is the only place that allows me to have some peace and quiet. 

       I had lunch and cleaned up right after. I was just about to change into my sweats when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Frank, my best friend and the only guy that knows everything about my 'work'.

      "I can't believe you set that meeting up," I said as I answered my phone.

      "Aiden! Buddy! What up?"

      "You do know you're the one who called, right?"

      "Yes, I do. I'm not drunk. Yet. I just wanted to know how your day was, my ol' buddy oh buddy,"

      "Fine. I'll see you at Finnegan's and I'll bring the file. But, I'm still going to kill you,"

      "Yes, that's why you're my buddy! Oh, bro, bring some cash."

       And with that, the call ended. I put my phone back into my pocket, grabbed my jacket and the file, and headed out to Finnegan's. 

       Finnegan's is the pub around the corner where I chill out with Frank and some old friends. It is also one of the few places where I don't take my 'targets' to. My apartment is one of the few places too.

      I walked in and as usual, the pub was barely filled with people. I saw Frank with a beer in hand, trying to smooth talk Amanda, the bartender lady. Frank just never gives up. I laughed at this and greeted the both of them.

      I ordered water and started guilt tripping Frank for setting up that meeting with that d-bag, Rocheford. It was all to no avail because Frank never feels guilty. Not ever since we've been 'relieved' of our patriotic duties. I don't blame the guy and I still don't know why I bother to even try to guilt trip him.

      After I was done, Frank laughed and said "You're getting better at this guilt tripping. And by better, I mean worse. You're losing the emotion and conviction!"

      Now, he was just teasing me. I shook my head and replied "Well, we both know it's useless."

       "You just realized that now? After three years? Wow, and I actually have no snarky comebacks. Shit. I'm losing my touch. Aiden, we're getting old."

        Frank was actually tearing up. That meant that he had one too many drinks already. I paid Amanda for the drinks and helped Frank to get to my apartment without tripping on his own feet.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

               Soooo, voila! But this is just a snub. Sorry, it's not much but in this chapter, you kinda know what he does and a hint of what he used to be. ;p I've never done anything in a guy's POV so it  may be bland or girlish. xp

                I will upload the next chapter very soon! x) Next one will get into the plot a bit more and a few characters will be introduced too! xD

               I couldn't think of a 'perfect' cast yet. But I put in a temporary one at the side if you want to imagine how they look like. x)

              Let me know what you think of this chapter! Don't be shy. =)

               If you liked this, don't forget to vote! And if you would like to get notified about updates, don't forget to add this to your library and fan me! (but only if you really want to)

              Thank you for reading! xDD