ReBoot Chapter 1

BOOT #1 COMPLETE_

EXECUTE SYSTEM ANALYSIS_

ANALYSIS COMPLETE_

SYSTEM FUNCTION 100%_

ACCESSING SYSTEM OBJECTIVE_

SYSTEM OBJECTIVE - Use suppressing force to protect retreating allied forces.

ACCESSING WEAPONS INVENTORY_

WEAPONS INVENTORY - Mark I27 Rail Gun, classification long ranged weapon, mounted on left arm, 100 rounds; Fenreer M1706 Light Machine Gun, classification mid-ranged weapon, mounted on right shoulder, 1000 rounds; TSG 2153m Supersonic Mini Gun, classification short range weapon, mounted on right arm - modified to fire 7.62x51 mm supersonic armor piercing rounds, 50,000 rounds; Sonic Pulse Emitter, classification mid-ranged tube launched sonic grenade, housed in left thigh, five units; Thermite 27z Grenade, classification mid-ranged tube launched explosive, housed in right thigh, twenty units; EM27Zeus Laser, classification long range targeting system for airstrike, housed in left ocular.

 ACCESSING SITUATION BREAKDOWN_

SITUATION BREAKDOWN - An outpost on a remote moon populated mainly by scientist miners and their families are under threat by two groups of alien forces.  The two forces will converge on the outpost in approximately one minute.  Two personnel shuttles are en rout for civilian evacuation, escorted by one light gun ship.

ACCESSING OBJECTIVE_

OBJECTIVE - Protect all civilians, the shuttles and gun ship.

------------------------------------------

     M3 23's humanoid shape stood on a small rounded hill a quarter kilometer from the outpost.  M3 23 had just finished the assessment of the situation as well as the objective.  Upon finishing M3 23 began to run toward the outpost at full speed.

     Two separate armed forces were converging on the outpost.  Directly ahead of M3 23 was the smaller of the two forces approaching the outpost from the opposite direction.  This force would reach the outpost before the other force and was therefor high priority.

     M3 23 reached the valley floor and began to round the outpost moving at top speed.  Targeting data began to stream in the HUD as the higher priority force came into view.  In less than a third of a second the targeting system had marked potential leaders to this force and ranked them by priority.  M3 23 began to charge the rail gun on his left arm as it was drawn on target.

     A massive explosion bloomed at M2 23's feet and threw the large machine back.  The HUD went static and then began to pump information once again.

ACCESSING DAMAGE REPORT_

DAMAGE REPORT - Extensive damage to lower portion of main housing; Mobility 12%; Shielding 34%;  Loss of Sonic Pulse Emitter and Thermite 27z Grenade tubes.

     M3 23 was about to access the situation further when a second blast betanated less than a second after the first.  This time the charge detinated directly on M3 23's chest.  M3 23's chest plate atamised upon impact.  The parts of M3 23 that were farthest from the explosion were thrown hundreds of meters away in small pieces.  M3 23 ceased to exist.