Odin's Gate

I locked my door and dashed with Alisa to the school. The Headmaster was waiting, and he was someone I did not want to get mad. We went through the cracks in between the buildings and ran across the cobblestone streets. Like earlier, the street seemed deserted. No one was anywhere in sight; except us, of course. While rushing through the city, Alisa managed to gasp, "Where are we going?! Can't we just walk there?"

I knew I had to explain to her why the both of us were summoned to the school, so I recapped the events of the last thirty minutes, "When I came to drop off my handbook, the Headmaster was waiting for someone in front of the school, and a mysterious figure met with him. They left the entrance of the school and made their way into an alley between the school buildings. Since the Headmaster was the only teacher on the campus, I followed them and eavesdropped on their conversation. After their conversation, the man left and the Headmaster casually ordered me to follow him to his office." After a short lecture that was laced with a few curse words from Alisa, I continued, "I was in his office for less than ten minutes, but in that time, he told me he knows about Dain, our parents, and the letter. He wants the two of us and the letter in his office right away. However, I was distracted by Michael's appearance, so that's why we are rushing."

When I finished my rant, the school was beginning to form over the hill. We both accelerated a bit and weaved our way through the door and halls. Before we entered the office, we managed to calm our breath. When the door opened, we were greeted by the Headmaster, "Hello, Willow and Alisa. It took the two of you long enough."

I made my way to one of the leather chairs in front of the Headmaster's desk while Alisa moved to its twin beside me. Mr. Alexander held his hand in front of us and commanded, "The letter, please." I handed him the ripped envelope that contained the letter and its profiles. After he read it, he asked, "Is this all you know?"

We both nodded in agreement, and the Headmaster began, "It's a very dangerous time right now. There is a rebellion that's happening while we speak, and the public is left unaware. Both of your parents are trying their hardest to protect both their children and their country, but they disappeared. As you know, the Fords and the Hastings have been missing since last night. They are good friends of mine, so I am making efforts to try to find and save them."

"You're friends with them?" I interrupted, "How?" Alisa elbowed me in the side as punishment for interrupting.

The Headmaster let out a small laugh. He continued, "After leaving my high school, I joined the military. Emma, Scott, Carmen, and Jacob were new, just like I was. We went through basic training together, and we were assigned to the same division. After I quit and founded this school, they visited and taught multiple, secret classes. I did not know they had children, though. They all were secretive with their private lives."

"They helped me multiple times in the past, so I would do anything to help them. I will not take any sides in the future war, but I will help them as well as protect this school. If you, the children of my friends, need anything, I will be there," the Headmaster finished.

"Thank you. We will tell you anything we find out about our parents," Alisa firmly stated.

Surprised, the Headmaster asked, "You two are getting involved? Do you know how dangerous that is?!"

"Of course we do. We won't do anything stupid, but we are going to find our parents," I firmly stated.

Mr. Alexander let out an exasperated sigh and furrowed his eyebrows. "You two are just like you're parents. Looking at the looks on both of your faces, it reminds me of the past. Knowing that I know you two won't change your minds. I will turn my cheek to what you two do, but only under two circumstances. First, both of you must report anything you find out about Dain, Dain's organization, the Dain rebellion, and your parents. Second, you two must keep yourself and those around you safe. Don't, under any circumstance, jeopardize the life of yourself and the people around you. Do you understand?" the Headmaster finished.

Alisa nodded, and I asked, "How will I report to you? I cannot attend this school."

Mr. Alexander smiled his trademark smile, and said, "I'm glad you asked. Do you remember when I said I needed to talk to you about two things? We just finished the previous conversation, so it's about time to move on."

Suddenly, the atmosphere in the room became heavy, and it was hard to breathe. The Headmaster stood up and moved to the center of the room. He motioned me to stand and come in front of him. When I stood about two feet away from the Headmaster, he told me to stop, and said, "Willow Hastings, it is my honor to present to you a chance of a life time. Through the abilities you demonstrated in the interview conducted by NMSM, I, Odin Alexander, evaluated your potential. Through my authorization, I appoint Willow Hastings the 51st position to enter the National Midland School of Magic. Congratulations."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture Details:

This is the alley that the Headmaster and the man had their conversation about Dain. Willow was also here, eavesdropping on their conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this picture here: http://help-and-be-helped.weebly.com/our-proposition.html