The Intruder

Even though he wore a smile, the tone of Mr. Alexander's voice seemed to order me to do as he said. It seemed like my only option was to bring the letter and Alisa. There was no way to escape, so I left the office. When I was outside the school, the weight of what happened hit me. I was in deep shit.

After I trudged my way home, I opened my front door. Noise filled the entire house, but it wasn't loud enough to understand; it was like my head was underwater and someone was yelling above the surface. The source was coming from my room, so Alisa was probably watching the PTVB. As I stood in front of the door, I heard two voices: Alisa's and a stranger's. It seemed that the closer I was to the door, the more silent it was. My hand was on the door knob when I heard the first words escape the room.

The stranger's voice muttered, "...Sorry...Kill...Alisa Ford and Willow Hastings." My blood boiled when I heard the string of words, and as if someone was controlling me, I flung the door open. There was a figure standing about five feet away from the bed, where Alisa was. The figure was dressed in all black. They wore the same hoodie and had the same tattoos as the Interrogator's from this morning. Remembering the letter and what the person just said, I lunged at the figure.

I tackled the person to the ground, and based on their physique, it was a man. I immobilized the man using some wrestling techniques I learned from my father. I yelled to Alisa, "Give me a knife from the kitchen! I'm going to kill him before he kills us."

I waited for Alisa to move, but she just sat in her nest. I looked up towards her. She was just sitting there like there wasn't a murderer underneath me. She laughed and snorted, "What are you doing? Why do you want to kill the man you saved?" I stared at her and then slowly turned to face my captive. I never had the chance to remember his face, but I remembered his features. The man I saved had dark, smooth skin that had tattoos etched into it. He also had a scar running across his face. Looking at the man before me, he was the same person.

He made a gentle expression causing me to loosen my grip around him. I let him go. "Why did you want to kill me," he said as he positioned himself onto the floor.

"Through the door, I heard you say sorry, kill, and Alisa Ford and Willow Hastings. After I opened the door and saw you were an Interrogator, I thought you were here to kill us," I answered. He seemed shocked when he heard what I said.

"So you know. That's upsetting," he said as he let out a sigh, "My name is Michael and I am a part of the resistance. I came here to thank you and to warn the both of you. In the next several months, a lot is going to change. I came here to tell you something important. It's about your parents."

"Our parents!?" Alisa and I exaggerated in unison.

"What happened?!" I shouted.

Alisa continued, "Are they alright?!"

"Calm down," Michael said, "I am about to tell you, but if you're this worked up, it is better not to let you know." I looked at Alisa. We both want to know, so we bit our tongues and calmed down. Michael continued, "Last night, the resistance headquarters was raided. We called all of our superiors to help with the situation. That is the reason both of your parents were gone when you woke up. The HQ was raided by the Interrogators along with Dain. They knew about us. We suffered greatly last night. If it wasn't for your parents, we would have been destroyed."

"Dain always wears a mask that represents good vs. evil. One-half of the mask is red with a demon's horn protruding out from the head. The other half is white and has a ceramic bird sitting in a bed of plants. Because of this mask, we don't know the identity of Dain. When the enemy finally retreated, they had already damaged all of our weapons and killed the majority of our superiors. However, that was not all they took. Your parents, both of yours, followed Dain. They wanted to stop them before Dain's plan was complete. We have not heard from them since then, and there is no trace that we can track."

"I was a subordinate and friend of the four of them. I know how strong they are, so I know they are alive. I am here to ask your help. You know your parents better than anybody else, so if you know anything, tell me now," Michael finished. He was now on his hands and knees begging for our answer.

"We don't know anything," I sorrowfully answered. I looked at Alisa and saw that she didn't know anything either.

"I see. If anything happens, please contact me," Michael said. As he stood, he raised his hand and grasped his forearm with the other. His palm was facing the ceiling as he chanted, "Form and perform my vice. Allow me to be called. Appear!" As he said appear, two clear balls appeared in his hand. They were about the size of a marble. He handed one to both of us and said, "If you need me, just break the sphere using magic. I will come to you. It was nice to meet the two of you." He smiled and walked out of the door.

When he was gone, I exclaimed, "We need to leave! Before you ask any questions, grab the letter and follow me. The Headmaster is waiting for us."

"What?! Why?" Alisa asked. Before she could ask anything else, I grabbed the letter and her and raced out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Author here. I have an announcement to make. As of today, I will start to add pictures to every chapter (if I can). At the end of each chapter, I will put where I found the picture and describe how it relates to the story. I will also add pictures to the previous chapters, so check them out! If you have a picture you want to share that can be put in any previous chapter, please share it. Send me the link through Wattpad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture Details:

This is the mask Dain wears when he is out. No one knows his true identity because of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this picture here: http://imgarcade.com/1/good-evil-mask/