Chapter Five: A Crazed Day in Hell With Quinn

Chapter Five: A Crazed Day In Hell With Quinn…

I stared across at Quinn and shook my head. This fool had to be one of the most conceited and arrogant niggas that I had ever come across. He didn’t give the least little damn about my wishes. I couldn’t believe that I had agreed to spend the whole entire fucking day with him. Sure he had fought my Daddy and I had been extremely grateful about it but that gratitude had lasted for about a good five minutes. This nigga was taking matters into the extreme and dragging me all over the fucking town while he did some crazy shit that even I was cautious about.

Hell he was speeding all across town and greeting niggas left and right. Somehow I thought that for a nigga who claimed to want to get with me he was being weird. I wasn’t actually spending time with him. I was going on errands with him. He was doing lord knew what and he thought that I was going to wait on him. Shit this nigga had me bent and twisted. The next time he went somewhere and left me in the car I was going to leave his ass. Fuck all of this shit. I was not a patient person by nature.  Patience was a virtue that I didn’t have. He’d learn soon enough though. If I was going to roll with a nigga then he was going to be giving time and attention. I wasn’t coming second place to anything. Fuck that.

Turning away from him and glaring stonily out the window I watched as we passed various houses and started heading towards a more shady side of town. A part of town that I had promised myself I wouldn’t go to. This nigga was taking me to Baits Avenue. Baits Avenue, the street where murder was ordinary, prostitution was just another blink of the eye and all kinds of other shit. Damn! Where was a weapon when you needed one?

The car started to slow down as he approached a house that was two streets from the corner and near the center of the block. There wouldn’t be an easy escape down this street and I knew it. As the car inched to a complete stop I pressed the lock on the door. Fuck him. I wasn’t about to get out of the car and let this dumb ass get me killed or turned into a prostitute by these other niggas on this block. What the fuck was he doing over here anyway? He had a nice house and shit. He didn’t need to be over here.

“I’ll be back in five minutes,” he said opening the car door and getting out.

As soon as it shut I pressed down on the locks again. Staring out the window I watched as he walked passed a group of niggas and proceeded to give them dap. All eyes turned to the car as he spoke with one of the niggas on the steps. He was probably telling them that his girl was in the car. I wasn’t his girl that was one thing I knew for certain. He was older than me and I was probably just a passing interest. Until I was sure that he really wanted to stick around and be with me for real then he wouldn’t be getting my attention or anything of that sort. Sighing I leaned back in the seat and folded my arms across my chest.

I waited patiently for ten minutes and then I started getting impatient. What the fuck was this nigga doing? It was hot as fuck and this nigga had me in the car roasting like a damn turkey in the over at Thanksgiving. I huffed loudly. I didn’t do this shit. I really didn’t. If this had been anywhere other than Baits Street my ass would have already been walking and leaving him behind but because of the area here I was pissed and hot as fuck. Tugging on the shirt I had changed into I slid it off and sat in my halter top. Reaching over I started playing with the thermostat in his car.  Cool air immediately filled the car and I sighed in relief.

A second later my cell vibrated. Lifting it I looked and saw one text message from Quinn.

Quinn  

Come in for a moment. I want you to meet somebody.

Me

Nah I ain’t stepping foot out this car. Yo ass trying to get me shot and shit ain’t you?