Chapter 4 - Renovation and A Greek God At My Doorstep

Ellie's POV

It was Sunday evening and I was getting out of the shower when the door bell rang, I didn't bother to change and wrapped myself in a towel. The only people who ever knocked at my door were Mum or Dad really.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to see Cole Williams in all his glory!

Holy crap I'm only in a towel!!!

"Hello there Ellie" he smirked.

"U-umm I-I, w-what huh?" Were the only words I could form as he stood there in nothing put basketball shorts and a light sheet of sweat covering his skin, from the soft pants of breath I could tell he just came from the gym.

Cole's POV

I was going to set my plan into motion but it seems as though the roles have been reversed as she opened the door clad in a towel stopping just below her knees. My eyes raked up and down her small frame, making a meal of her body, the small droplets of water falling from her damp ruffled hair, slowly rolling down in to the crevices of the towel tempting me to no ends. Suddenly I snapped out of my gaze when she spoke "I-I wasn't expecting you" she stammered.

I raised a brow tentatively "Then who were you expecting?" I asked a little irritated.

Who was going to visit her while she was in nothing but a towel?

I growled a bit in my mind at the thought of any other male looking at her body.

"No one" she responded a little dazed.

"Do you answer the door in nothing but a towel often not knowing who is on the other side?" I prompted with one brow still raised.

"I never really get visitors" she said with a confused expression.

Ellie's POV

"I can only hope so" he replied sounding a little angry.

"The only people whoever visit are my Mum or when a book delivery is sent the wrong address, but it's a Sunday so it's closed, and whenever people need to see me they stop by the store" I replied still in wonderment of his irritated expression.

"So you opened the door knowing a perfect stranger could be standing on the other side?" He replied as if he was piecing together a mystery and not liking the result at all.

"Nobody's perfect" I joked, though Cole didn't seem to find amusing. "Why, does it bother you?" I questioned carefully.

"Do you mind allowing me in so we can continue this discussion?" He questioned, I was hesitant.

If I can't handle him a foot away from me how am I supposed at a closer proximity?

"Uh...yea no problem" I moved back a few steps and he walked in shutting the door behind him, I gripped the soft material of the towel in my hand tighter in anticipation.

Cole started to speak as inched forward at a slow but alarming pace, "In answer to you previous question" he quipped, I hadn't noticed I had backed myself against the wall until I hit it, Cole gripped my arm and continued.

"Yes I am more than slightly irritated with you opening the door like that when you're expecting someone besides me...or your mother" Cole said in a voice emanating raw power, his gaze had shifted from anger to heated.

I licked my lips nervously, "Th-that seem awfully territorial" I said quietly.

"It is"

"I-I don't think we have that kind of relationship y-yet"