『t h r e e』

🌿🌌🌿

Joshua Dun has always been fascinated with how waves could pull and push. The sound it would make with every crash, and rush as it sped away. His feet were soaked, and his warm, cloudy breath puffed out high above him as he gazed at the starry sky.

The red head was out by himself, just standing and bathing in the moonlight. Mind clear, but filled with topics of the sky as his bones began to rattle against the thin air. Somewhere amongst his thinking, he could hear the sand crunch, but he didn't mind it until he heard a soft voice ring out into his eardrums like sweet lavender.

"Aren't you cold?"

Josh grinned, turning a bit to face the brunet, his cheeks wildly red and plump lips wildly pink. Adorable as the boy began to smile slowly and walk the rest of the way, close to Josh as he liked, the warmth overflowing both of their personal space.

"I was, but not so much now that you're here."

And the tune of Tyler's laugh made Josh's heart swell that it pained him, he was physically hurting in his chest from the boy's laughter.

"That was sickening." Tyler grinned, gently bumping his shoulder into the red headed boy's. "You need to work on your flirt game, Joshua."

"I think my flirt game was perfect." Josh breathed, peering at the taller boy beside him before giving him a sharp smile, teeth pearling out as his tongue peaked out. "I got to hear your pretty laugh."

Tyler ducked his head, hand's stuffing deeper into his sweatshirt pockets, and his longing gaze find the sand suddenly so interesting. "You definitely have a way of words, I'll give you that."

Joshua leaned down at bit to catch glimpse of Tyler's gaze, and when he did, he saw the flustered look in the brunet's face, causing his chest to erupt in a fluttery chuckle. "Are you blushing?!"

"Don't laugh!" Tyler gasped, sending his knuckles to Josh's shoulder, but the red head caught view, and grasp the weak punch before it could hit him, pulling the brunet boy close instead with a grin.

"Now, now, no-" And before they both knew it, they were face to face, nose to nose, the way Josh pulled Tyler caused their bodies to meet with a gentle force, eyes widening with a short breath.

They pulled away quickly, looking away and not meeting one another's gaze. Josh ran a hand through his hair in embarrassment as Tyler began to play with his fingers.

"S-Sorry." Josh spoke up after a moment, his cheeks flushing with a heat as the tips of his fingers began to tingle.

"N-No!" Tyler squeaked, ducking his head once again as he slowly met Josh's gaze, eyelashes fluttering. "It's fine, I-I didn't mind at all."

Josh's heart seemed to heavily hit his chest at that.

"I-I actually..." Tyler continued, letting out a trembling breath before giving Josh's a small smile. "I actually should get back to my friends, they're probably worried."

Joshua returned the small gesture, giving the best smile he could muster up, sticking his hands in his sweatshirt pockets as he leaned back a bit. "Y-Yeah, I should too."