『o n e』

🌿🌌🌿

His eyes were stained red, and in the sense of makeshift lazy, adorning the glossy black pupil. The mindset was simple, astoundingly hush, as if his switch for empty-filled thoughts were on autopilot, but not quite.

In the midst, he found the most tiniest things intriguing. Like the way his friend River was driving, or how his friends, Brendon and Dallon were too close for comfort, too close. Or even how the Hawaiian girl bobble head, that was placed harshly against the dashboard of River's hippie bus, was rocking back and forth, side to side.

But it was brimming with smoke, and it was Brendon's stupid idea to hotbox the car, not anyone else's of course. Nobody disagreed, but that wasn't the point.

Josh found himself smiling, his head tipped back against the floor, because River's "hippie bus" didn't have back seats, just a bunch of fluffy, soft blankets and pillows. The red head giggled as River began mumbling on how they were going to get them caught, but he could see the small grin plastered on the brunet's face and his window somewhat rolled down. There was also a blunt in between his fingers, and Josh found that contradicting.

"You're all stupid, I swear it."

Brendon snorted as he laid his head on Dallon's shoulder, taking another hit from the poorly, rolled up joint. "You love the stupidity that evolves around us, joy kill."

"Josh, Brendon's being mean again." He whined, eyes focused like a hawk on the curvy road, meaning they were definitely getting close to Bodega Bay.

"Don't be mean to River, bread boy." Josh's voice was rough, like gravel, or grain in general and the red head was close to clearing his throat.

Brendon chuckled, crawling over to laid teen, straddling Josh before plopping down on his stomach. "Part."

Josh groaned, but nonetheless, opened his mouth just a bit for Brendon to slip the joint between his lip, letting him take a hit. Dallon looked at the two with an amused expression, inhaling his own joint, chuckling when Brendon crawled back to him after asking Josh if he wanted to smoke the rest.

The red head wasn't the one to turn down a joint, no never, did it as much as he could, when he could. Smoking for him, was a release for his anxiety or when he just wanted to feel. He didn't get much of that, and subside to it was smoking, and God did it helped him.

Closing his eyes, letting his eyelashes flutter against nothing but the skin against his bones and the air around him, ever tight against his body. He was in serene. Friends and laughter, mindless bites of chatter, and Josh knew it was going to be a trip worth wild.

Maybe he'd meet a hot girl, or guy, because guys were cute and hot too, and maybe get a little fling for these next two weeks. Who knows? Josh just wanted to be free or feel the extreme of being able to actually live. The four finally graduated high school, the pit of unrelaxed situations, and here they were. Hotboxing River's car, driving up North for a camping trip.

And as those four boys traveled down windy roads, they all had the tips of their minds dipped in the state for adventure, wanting to get away from reality.

"We're almost there, boys."

The three sang in a triumph hooray.

💫

It was a complete mess when they finally parked at their camp site. Both Dallon and Brendon fell out since River surprisingly opened the door on them. They were leaned up against it, too relaxed to get out. Smoke just escaped faster then water through your fingers, and both boys giggled, Josh soon accompanied, his the loudest out of all of them.

River sighed, kicking his two friends that were still on the ground. "Get out, Josh, you have to help set up the tents too."

But, Josh groaned, slowly using the palms of his hands to sit up, and maneuvered his way out of the bus, stepping on Brendon in the process, making the boy cry out.

He hit him.

"Listen." Josh grinned, expression loose as he flicked the finished joint to the ground, stomping on it, looking down to his friends, who all looked up with an unamused looks to their faces. River was short, okay. "I feel so free out here!"

River scoffed, making the two other boys on the ground laugh as he pushed the red head to the side. "You're too high."

Josh grinned, "I'm not high, I'm low."

"Hello, low, nice to meet you. Now catch these bags before you're gonna have to catch these hands." The brunet rolled his eyes as he threw down duffle bag after duffle bag.

Sadly, all of them landed on the grass floor, because Josh was not going to catch them, only because he was lazy. They were all filled with clothes anyway, so all he did was prance away with a laugh of emptiness, ignoring his friends loud protests, and looked around for the perfect spot to set up his tent.

When he found the spot by the tree, it overflowing with flowers and foliage, and even better, shade, he shouted out to his best friends. "I call dibs here, boys!"

"No fair! Why do you get first pick!?" Brendon shouted, making Dallon tip his head back in a laugh. They were still laying on the ground together.

"Cause I said so." Josh felt his cheeks lift in a small smile, running his hand down the trunk of the tree, his ears catching the ocean's roar and when he tipped to look at the view, he gasped. "Guys! The view is amazing from here. You picked an amazing spot, River!"

River only chuckled, huffing as he kicked Brendon lightly without looking and smiling at the small groan. "Thanks! I made sure we had the best spot when I was reserving!"

Josh peaked to his best friends, "this camping trip is gonna be so lit!"

"And we'll be lit when doing it!" Brendon yelled, getting a heart-filled laugh out of all the boys.

🌿🌌🌿

a/n: although i don't read brallon, i lowkey ship them. anyway, here's the start of one of my favorite ideas of a fic. i'm a sucker when it comes to camping, in general, i love going out in the wild or to bodega bay, which is where this fic is gonna take place, and just being free with fresh air and surrounded by the people you love.

it's great memories and this will be fun to write. also, tyler will be written in the second or third chapter, so soon, just gonna have to wait for him. i'm still trying to figure out his character. and yes, josh and his friends are stoners.

thank you for reading; vote or comment, and have a wonderful day!

- 麻美