Chapter 4- Part 2

I heard my father take a few shuffled steps towards me, and sprang up the nearest tree, latching onto the first branch I could. Mai followed with a worried look on her face.

"What happens now? He's going to find our village, and then who knows what will happen?" Mai asked.

"We go with it, I suppose. There are a lot of humans and there might be more coming. I'm not sure, but I don't think they want to harm us."

She looked at me, annoyed, before turning to my father below. He was staring up at us, confusion written all over his face. He turned and walked away without saying another word. We followed on silent feet, as he headed ever closer to our little village. He was starting to worry me. He shouldn't know where it was. A tiger child ran down the partially concealed trail, stopping and running back the way he came.

Without warning, Mai leaped towards my father, hissing, fur on end. He had no time to react before he was on the ground, Mai's claws an inch away from his neck. He gulped going limp under Mai's piercing stare. I dropped to the ground, tail flicking. We needed to get him away. I was about to grab him, when he smiled.

Mai fell to the ground with a thump, rolling off of my father. He stood up quickly, brushing the dirt off of his pants. I swung my head around, looking for the enemy, seeing it in the five humans closing in on me. I hissed at their threat, ran over to Mai, and looked for a way out. I grabbed the whistle that all hunters always wore around their necks, and sounded the emergency signal. Not a second later, I felt as if a sharp thorn had poked my back. The world swayed and I fell to the ground. I looked up through blurry eyes to see guards rushing towards us, Atsushi among them. He gave me a cold smile, and the last thing I saw was him hitting another guard over the head.

________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I'm a bit lost on where to take this story. Comment with ideas, I need some inspiration, or I might have to take this story down. I just don't really like it anymore. Actually, if someone wants to, I can copy paste chapters into a pm and they can continue it. pm me if you would like that.

-Valey