25

Melany

"Thanks for helping me get ready," I thanked Robyn as I put on my pearl necklace.

"Well thanks for lending me this expensive dress," she thanked as she admired herself in the mirror.

"No sweat. You get some of these things for free when you're well-known," I gushed.

"Famous you mean," she corrected me.

"No. Famous would be, being known internationally. I'm not known internationally," I chuckled.

"Yet," she added. We both finished our last touch ups & headed downstairs.

We found both my mom & my dad dressed in their best evening wear. I was happy that they were coming to experience this achievement with me.

"You girls look absolutely fabulous," my mom complimented.

"You too mom," I complimented her.

"We all look great. Now let's go," my dad chuckled. We all headed to my dad's car & began our journey.

***

"So are we going to pose as a family or individually?" my mom asked.

"A family of course," I smiled.

"You guys can go first," Robyn motioned. We were in the tent where they fix you before you go onto the red carpet.

"No when I say as a family. I mean actually as a family," I hugged Robyn.

"Because you're apart of our family Robyn," my mom smiled warmly at her. We all hugged & were ready to step out. We were making our way to the carpet when I suddenly stopped them.

"East to West when turning so the cameras get a good angle. We all stand in a line just a few inches behind each other okay," I instructed.

"Wow Mel. Where did you learn this from?" my dad asked. I paused. I didn't want to say who because I knew it would be too painful.

"Nowhere. I just knew," I smiled. We all stepped onto the carpet & the photo op began. The crowd got louder & more fierce since I was the 'guest of honour' I guess.

"Melany over here!" one photographer yelled.

"Melany I love you!" some guy yelled. My mom's smile was getting so bright, she actually started to tear up. I think she was overwhelmed.

We decided to head into the venue where it was really classy. There were designated tables for everyone, a huge stage & a buffet table. We sat down at our designated table, which was closest to the stage & got waited on by hand & foot.

"We're so proud of you honey," my mom held my hands & started crying. My dad held her & rubbed her back. I started to tear up too because whenever my mom cries, I cry.

Mr Jones came to our table & was talking to my parents. Robyn & I were looking around at all the A-list celebrities coming in.

"Oh my God, there's Jasmine Skye!" Robyn shouted quietly. "& Nikki Flores!" she named another, "& Olivia Green!" she named her. I looked in her direction & saw Olivia. But she was alone. Which made me confused.

I looked around for the one person I really wanted to see & that was Aidan. I eventually saw him by the buffet table but with another girl. This time I recognised who it was. It was Amanda Steele. I noticed that hair from anywhere. I was big fan of course.

My heart broke when I saw Aidan plop a giant kiss on her cheek & let me be honest, it looked like she was using him. But hey, again I don't like judging. Plus it was my night & I didn't have the energy or power to even wallow over him. Even though I wanted to.

***

The night flew by & it was time for the closing speeches. We had everything that makes an A-list event.

"& now, if the guest of honour, Melany Kesting would come up & say a few words," Mr Jones announced through the mic & applause & cheers filled the hall.

I was caught by surprise because I never prepared a speech. I hated that these guys never told me anything. Maybe it was an initiation thing? I don't know.

I nervously stood up & went on stage to the podium. I looked at the large light glaring on my face. I took a deep a breathe & began.

"Honestly, I wish this company would tell me more about things because I didn't prepare a speech," I joked to break the ice & everyone laughed,

"I really don't know what to say. This has been a dream of mine since I was seven years old. I never ever thought at this age, in this year, on this day that I would be where I am right now. This still seems like a dream to me. I mean this morning I received the news that my album has already sold one hundred thousand copies nationwide. That still makes me uncertain that this is real. I have so many people to thank. I want to thank the people that first welcomed me to this world, my parents. I knew they were a bit uneasy with me singing but they put their doubts aside for me to achieve my dreams & I did & they support me one hundred percent. I would also like to thank my producer Jimmy Fetz for actually teaching me & getting me into the swing of the business & by the way Jimmy, I hope you & your beautiful fiancé make it till the end. I'm waiting for that invitation," I pointed at him with a joke smile which caused everyone to laugh again,

"I'd like to thank award winning artist Jasmine Skye for giving me that pep talk on the first day when I was nervous as hell. I never forget your words. Till this day. I would also like to thank Alliance Records & the owner, Mr Jones for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am forever grateful," this time I was in full tears,

"I would like to thank my fans, the most amazing group of people that have supported me since day one & I'd like to thank my number one fan, my best friend Robyn. Thank you for everything that you've given me, thank you for sticking by me even when the times were grim. I am so grateful. I just want to thank everyone that came today & I'd also like to thank a special man. That's basically taught me everything I need to know in this business," I paused as I searched in the audience,

"Aidan Alexander. Thank you for all your lessons & for all those paid lunches," I chuckled through my tears.

"Thank you everyone I love you," I blew a kiss & smiled at the audience.

Aidan was the first person to applaud & he stood up which caused a standing ovation from the room.