The Powers: Part 7

• Dedicated to Brianna McDaniel

Chandler's POV

I walked down my street after school, passing house after house. I was biding my time before I had to get home. My parents were probably having one of their arguments again. I may not be an adult and all but I know that things are getting pretty tense in my home. Any day now, I was expecting to get the news that my parents were splitting up. I already knew the speech by heart. "It's not your fault. It has nothing to do with you. It may not be permanent. We just need time away from each other. This does not affect how much we love you and you sister." Blah blah blah. It was all just words. My parents hated each other. It would turn into divorce. My mom would take my sister and I would go with my dad. I had already planned everything out. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry. I had to be strong for my sister, Clarisse. BUt I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes.

 Stop Chandler. Don't cry.

I wiped my eyes and stopped in front of my house. I walked in the house without making a noise. I could hear my parents yelling at each other in kitchen. I walked by Clarisse's room to see if she was okay. She was sound asleep on her pink princess bed, snoring sweetly with her blond curls draped around her little round face. I closed her door quietly and walked in my room. I dropped my bag on the floor with a thud. I laid on my bed and stretched out. I let out a massive yawn and pulled the covers up to my neck. I gave in to the temptation to go to sleep. I was swept away into a deep sleep and I was overcome with dreams.