Chapter Three.

Edward's POV-

"I can't believe you did that to Winry! How can you be so hard on her! She doesn't mean to say those things she just misses us Ed!" Al lectured me as I stared at my automail trying my best to avoid contact with him. "Listen to me Ed! I'm tired of watching Winry cry just as much as you were! So why are you making her cry so damn much! It isn't fair Ed! This isn't fair to her!" Alphonse said screaming at me. And I never knew I'd do it but I did...I was so angry and caught up in the moment that I just hit Al across the room, How could he say I was purposely making Winry cry!? I never wanted to make her cry I just wanted to make sure she was safe and away from our trouble. But before I could think of an apoligy Al was fighitng me, he was swinging his heavy metal around and trying to kill me while also lecturing me about how messed up I was being; and at this piont I can't disagree. I mean this whole thing has brought us to attacking each other. I swung my arm at him punching him back down to the ground while at the same time he kicked me right in the chest and made me fly back and hit the ground hard on my ass. And that's when I lost it, all I heard was Al crying inside that empty armor. I made me little brother cry. And before I knew it there were tears rolling down my face and we were both laying on the garage floor. I sniffled and looked at Al cold eyes.

"I'm so sorry Alphonse, I don't want to hurt Winry or you. I just don't want you guys to get involved in my mistakes in our dumb mistakes.."

Al stopped crying and turned to look at me, "I know Ed, but keeping Winry away is only causing us more pain. And its all our problems, will make it through together..." He turned his head back to the ceiling and a while longer we just layed there staring at the walls and smelling the meaty smell as Pinako cooked dinner.

"We should keep this all to our selves, no need to upset Winry." Al said smiling at me, I smiled back and shook my head agreeing.  If I knew any better I'd say Al was way smarter then me. He knew what to say and he never let anyone down. But I'm the older brother and all I can do is hurt the people I love the most...

"Ed, Al dinners ready." Winry called from the door of the garage. She was probably wondering what was going on in here but I can't bring myself to tell her me and Al got into a fight over her and I made my little brother cry. I got up off the ground and rush to see what Pinako had made! I was starving!

As dinner unfolded and we sat there yelling and laughing together I couldn't stop watchign Winry closely, the way she played with her food and ate like a animal made me smile. Her smile was home to me and Al, if she and Pinako weren't here in Resembool there would be no reason to ever come back here, except to visit my mother of course.

"CAN I COME TO CENTRAL PLEASE!" Winry begged grabbing onto my arm and making her pouty face, I looked away to afraid to look into her sad face, I really didn't want Win to be there with all that was going on. But me and Al agreed we'd go through all this crap together and not hurt Winry anymore. I blushed at the thought and sighed heavily.

"Damn, fine you can come Win. But don't get in our way." I replied over my shoulder and walked off to my room with Al following behind.  I closed the door behind us and flopped down on the plush bed, sighing.

"You have to admit it'll be pretty fun having Winry around in Central and seeing Gracia and Alicia. I mean Winry knows not to go around talking to strangers or go sticking her nose in unwanted business. She isn't as stupid as we are." Al laughed, I smiled and nodded in agreement. It was true Winry wasn't a totally idiot with us, and I suppose if shes with Gracia she'll be pretty safe! I mean, it would be great to have her around, even if it mean't having to keep my guard up all the time infront of her.