Chapter Two.

Winry's POV-

Its unclear to me how Ed and Al can get back up on their feet after being knocked down so many times. I mean two days ago I thought I might've lost Edward and now here he is arguing with me over his automail. I can't believe I was crying over sucha' idiot! "Ed I swear if you break you automail in one more fight I can going to kill you witht his wrench!" I screamed at him while Alphones sat curled up, scared to death in the corner. And although I said this what I really meant is, 'Ed I can't afford losing you again, be careful you idiot.' But why and hell would I tell him that and give him the satisfaction. Ugh, these two are too difficult for me to handle. I shake my head as Ed goes on and on about how it's not his fault so many people want to kill him. And I can't say I agree; if they would only keep their noses out of unwanted business they could be safe. But I know them to well, and for them that would be like torture. I've grown up with these two and known them since I can remember. If theres anything I'm sure about it 's the fact that their never going to sit down and relax when they could be helping someone out there. They remind me so much of my own parents, strong and hard-head, they'll never back down when they have a duty. It's not in their blood.

"Winry! Stop spacing out, I need my automail fixed before tonight....We're leaving again." He said waving his hand around me face. His eye were sad as he said the last part, but I was use to them leaving. And maybe that was true but the pain of watching their backs as they walked away was still as brutal as the first time I ever said goodbye to them. We were so young, and I was so niave. How could I think what they were doing was selfish? Leaving me and Granny here alone. I was so wrong, while I was moping, making automail; Ed and Al were fighting bad guys and meeting new people and helping people! If there's one thing I've leatned through out their journey is in order to help them I need to be tough for them.

"Alright, I'll be done in a half and hour. But if your gonna' go and break your automail you should learn the basics to fixing it back up. I won't always be here when you need me Ed."

"Yeah, yeah fine whatever.." He said annoyed. I guess I'm use to babying him, hes like family too me. I'm only looking out for him.

"HEY ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!" I yeled at him hit him on the head with the screw driver I was using.

"Ow! Damn Winry I am listening to you and yes I already know I need to oil it atleast once a weak and everyday if I'm doing any rough work." He said already knowing what I was about to tell him. I rolled my eyes and smiled because there was no point in hittinghim again. By now he probably has some type of brain damage. I laughed to myself and quickly screwed together a piece of his armor. I can't expect Ed to be careful so I need to learn to make the best kind of automail to support him. "Winry, Al wants me too tell you that I'd like to eat dinner with you and Granny tonight." Ed said not looking at me. He was blushing and making this ignorant look to act as though he didn't want to in the first place. But I didn't bother to say anything back, he wouldn't want me too; he was embarrassed enough as it was.

"Hey I didn't-" Al let out before Ed could hit him and tell him to shut up. I laughed under my breath as they began fighting. How could I be falling for such an idiot? Damn, I hate it when he makes me laugh like this, cause' all I want to do is hug him. Wrap my arms around him and laugh into his chest. Something I can never allow myself to do. Why? I honestly have no idea, maybe I'm too scared, maybe it'll ruin our friendship or just be wrong? But I think my biggest fear is him not feeling the same, and then hating me...I can't lose Edward he's too much apart of my life now. Same with Al, like a little brother to me.

"Winry?" Al said his eyes staring at my shaking hands. I hadn't even realized I was crying? I can't believe the memories of us three together could make me cry so hard.

"Hah, sorry Al. I was just remembering when we all use to eat cake together on our birthday's and how and Ed would always get into fights and Ed would never win, haha. I miss you guys being around I guess..." I wiped my face and looked up to see Edward was looking away with tears in his golden eyes and Al staring at me. I could feel how heartbroken he was and it almost made me start crying again.

"Win, we miss being home too." Alphonse said trying to confort me, but what the hell I knew the two of them would be fine without me. I don't know about Ed's arm but I sure as hell don't think they need me in all those memories. I mean the two barely let me help them as it is.

"I know you's too are having fun without me in central and traveling and meeting new people; but I hate being here. Waiting till' Ed breaks his automail again just to see you guys!" I let out, Al backed away a bit in almost shock and Ed I could see was gritting his teeth. Maybe because I blame him for breaking his automail, I don' t know.

"Winry, how can you say that? You think it fun seeing my brother in this condition everyday. Knowing if we come home all that's here for us are those damn memories! You think were having fun looking for a way out of all this mess. There's nothing I want more then to be with you. Eh- I mean with Granny and you!" He said turning away again, his cheeks red as a cherry. I did it again, I pissed Edward off again and all I want is to hit myself with my own wrench.

"You know that's not what I mean't Ed. Why can't you ever just hear what I say and understand god dammit! Do I have to scream the words at you to see the truth! To see how I feel!"

Ed didn't bother looking at this time, he just clearing his throat and crossed his arms stubbornly. I threw down my wrench, purposely hitting Ed's foot and walked out the room. Only hearing Ed's screaming in pain and Al trying to help his brother while also scolding him for upsetting me.

Pinako just stared at me and hugged me after a moment, " Those to will never be able to tell you how you feel afriad they'll bring you tears like they always do. They don't know your tears don't hurt you the way they think." Pinako was right, I can't expect so much from Ed just because I like him. I'm never gonna' change that idiot and I can't try. I mean I did fall for this him, didn't I? It doesn't matter what they say, their just trying to protect me I guess...

"It's dinner time you two." I call from the door way while Al and Ed just lay there on the garage floor staring up at the wall. What the hell were they doing now? But instead of asking I just shook my head and walked to the table.

"Hey what did you make pipsqueak Pinako?" Ed said running through the garage door. Al was right behind him scolding him once more for being so rude, and although I was still a little upset from earlier I couldn't help but smile. This was the way i liked it, all of us sitting together, screaming at each other and smiling. That was my favorites part about dinner with them. How damn much I smiled. I would go to bed with the sides of my face hurting like hell, but that would only make me smile more!

"I made your favorite Short stack, steak and beans with a tall glass of milk." She answered mellow toned; I turned my head preparing myself for Ed's little rant.

"DAMN YOU PINAKO YOUR SHORTER THEN ME! AND I REFUSE TO DRINK THAT AWFUL BASTARD!!!!!!!"

I stood up and began yelled at him about how if he doesn't drink his milk he'll never get any taller; and Granny Pinako just yelled at him about how short his was while Al begged us all to sit down and be civil for once. Just how I remember it.

"So you're leaving tomorrow morning?" I asked not allowing myself get emotional. Theyboth shook there heads yes not speaking a single word. "Well where are you's headed now? Central? I'd love to come and see Gracia and Alicia! OH PLEASEEE ED! PLEASE LET ME COME!"

"Damn, fine you can come Win. But don't get in our ways." Ed said moving out of the room back to his bedroom. Al just sat there staring at me as I totally disreguarded everything he just said and began thinking of what I would bring and what should I wear? And what will I saw to Miss Gracia!

Al slowly walked out of the room scared I was going crazy as I ran around the room searching for all the stuff I would need for tomorrow! I have to say I am too excited to go back to central!