Chapter 8

Cato

I woke up sweating. Thank goodness it was just a dream. The sun was starting to come up, but everyone was still asleep. I looked a round for Clove, but I didn't see her anywhere. It was just a dream wasn't it?
"Clove?"
No answer.
I started panicking. Where could she be? I know it was just a dream. There's no way I killed my best friend. I jumped up and started looking for her.
"Clove?!"
Still no answer.
A few seconds later I saw a knife fly past my head and into the tree behind me.
"Clove?"
"Cato? Is that you?"
I ran towards her and hugged her.
"Oh my gosh! Cato, I'm so sorry. I thought you were someone else. It was my turn to look out and I thought I heard someone, but it was just you. I'm sorry," she kept rambling on. "Cato, you can stop hugging me now."
I shook my head. I couldn't even speak. I thought I lost her.
"You're kinda scaring me," she said.
I didn't want to, but I finally stopped hugging her. "what's wrong?"
"I had this dream and I-" I stopped myself. As she stared up at me with a worried look on her face I knew I couldn't tell her. "I-I love you, Clove."
She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. We laid down together not caring if anyone saw us. Neither one of us gave a second thought to the little buzzing noise.