Part 39

“Yes, I thought so as well,” thought With, “the sun trickling down through the five storey…”

“I don’t really care about your answer you know,” said the vendor as he gave With another hot dog, “I was just being polite. That’ll be $5 please.”

“Oh,” murmered With as he got his money pouch out and pulled out a $5 note. “Do you do receipts?” he asked.

The hot dog vendor just frowned.

“Good day cheery hot dog vendor,” smiled With as he and Lee walked towards the Lizard Lounge.

“Don’t sassy, wise cracking hot dog vendors get on your nerves sometimes?” asked Lee.

“No not really," replied With, "I’m used to Sid."

Arianne and Trelainne went to the service entrance. They passed a man unloading cabbages from the back of a truck. He whistled them.

“I’m married to a King,” said Arianne obtrusively.

“Of cabbages and kings,” qouth Trelainne.

Near the door was a waiter, “Hey are you the temps?” he asked.

“Yes,” lied Trelainne.

“One of you is a waitress and the other is a dish washer.”

“I’ll be the waitress,” dobbed Trelainne.

“Aww that’s not fair,” shrugged Arianne, “you know I have problems with my skin.”

“I baggsed first.”

“I’ll let you wear my pearl earrings if we swap.”

“Oh, alright then, but if we ever have to do this again I get to be waitress.”

“Don’t forget to keep your ears covered,” warned Arianne, “elves are sparse in this dimension and they are persecuted.”

“I know, I know.”