The Last Born

This has been edited but there may still be mistakes.

Neema was tense as she sat beside Alpha Nathaniel, 5 fights had finished and there was still no sign of Khan or his new mate Leslie. The thought that the two of them were together hurt her more than she thought it would. Even though she had practically shoved him in her direction, it still burnt her to envision it. She wanted to ask where he was just to ease her mind, but she didn't want to give into the feelings. Also Alpha Nathaniel was pretty scary regardless of whether he was her family or not.

"He's sorting out some last minute details before the move, he will be here for the last fight," his shoulder leaning against hers as he answered her thoughts. His face pointing towards the front, his eyes following the trail of each warriors moves. She did not know how he knew what she was thinking but she was thankful for his answer.

"Thank you" she mumbled as his large hand squeezed her knee before he stood up and clapped at the winning female. Her lithe frame had been a killer combination to her opponent. Her body had ducked and weaved around the swinging man, so fast that he just stood no chance.

There were now 4 more fights left and still no sign of Khan or even Carson. Neema found she couldn't pretend to be interested in the fights when she wasn't sure where either of them were.

Caillum was enjoying it as were most people. His little voice making ooh and ahh sounds as each warrior fought. He jumped and shouted with everyone else when someone came out victorious. He booed when the warrior he wanted to win lost or got hit. There was even a point when he had climbed atop his chair in his excitement, the chair had nearly toppled over at all his jumping. The Alpha's quick reflexes had caught him before he could get close to the floor. The short scolding Caillum received was enough to stop him from climbing on anything else.

The Warriors kept fighting and winners were found yet Neema was uninterested. She couldn't wait for this to be over, she needed to go see Vanya. The young girl had been avoiding Neema for a few days now and it didn't sit well with her, she suspected it had something to do with Carson but she didn't want to accuse him nor did she want to ruin anything between the two.

Vanya was young. Too young for him but Neema knew that the bond didn't care about age, if Carson was seeing other females then Vanya would be hurt. It was a hard thing to expect a wolf to wait years for his child mate to grow, especially as they had a culture that encouraged promiscuity. Wolves without mates were expected and encouraged to have sex whilst waiting for their true mate and with Carson's knew physique from training, Neema had no doubt he was dabbling. Perhaps it was best that he left Vanya alone, he was only tormenting both of them.

The last fight was about to start and Neema still couldn't see Khan but Carson was a different story. His broad chest was bare and sweaty from what she assumed was practice and nerves. His muscles rippled as he made his ascent to the mat. His curly golden hair was tied in a tight French plait down his neck. His face was stern, his forever present smile missing as the seriousness of the situation affected his countenance.

Seeing Carson like this was like seeing a different person, he had transformed from the young boy she met weeks ago into a strong man. She could understand why women flocked to him now and if he won it would only worsen. This would not end well. Vanya would be heartbroken and if Carson won his new position in the pack it would only make it worse because she was not leaving Vanya behind.

Though she had never introduced Khan to her, he had heard Neema and the kids speaking of her. He knew of Vanya and her position in Neema's life. Though she was stuck inside her prison cell here, Neema would see that it was different for Vanya wherever they went. There would be no leaving her behind and if her female suffered because of Carson's actions she would hurt him. He would learn like his brother had, friend or not.