Bad Impressions Pt.2

Taraji
6:00pm

The palm trees stood tall as we passed them by. The sun was now setting creating that orange hue in the sky. I played with my freshly manicured nails. I shifted nervously on the passenger side of Tee's car.

I had a bad feeling that this dinner tonight wasn't going to go smooth at all. My father was already mad and ready to lay it on me. And when he is mad it's like WW3. My father was my hardest critic and I still til this day coward under his authority. Ever since I was a little girl I always did what pleased my father.

Terrence placed his hand on my thigh and lightly squeezed it. "Baby calm down they are your parents , we in this together."He took my hand locking our fingers together.

He brought my hand up to his lips and he placed a supple kiss there. At that moment I felt so much better , Terrence always seemed to make my heart flutter just from the simple things.

Shortly after Terrence pulled into my parents drive way. I looked over at him , he leaned over and kissed me one last time. He got out coming around on my side to let me out.

My jimmy choo's dragged the stone pavement , I felt like I was being weighed down as we neared the door. Terrence hand was wrapped firmly around my waist making sure I didn't miss a step.

I reluctantly rang the doorbell and eased back into Tee's embrace. The door creaked open and there my mother stood with the biggest smile on her face.

"Taraji , My baby! William! She is here!"My mother Stacey squealed behind her through the foyer. Her small frame of 5'1 pulled me into her giving me the warmest hug. I missed my mother I sunk into her embrace missing her just as much as she missed me. She almost squeezes the breath out of me.

She looked over at Terrence who stood back with his hands behind his back smiling at us.

"You must be Terrence. Your even more handsome in person-"My mother flirted fanning herself. I playfully rolled my eyes at my mother being a completely cougar over Terrence.

Terrence chuckled shyly biting his bottom lip looking away. He rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"Mom!"I let out through giggles.

"What? Momma see you have taste. Momma taught you well honey. Anyways I'm Stacey."She said holding her hand out. Tee grabbed it and lightly kissed her hand.

"Mrs.Henson it's very nice to meet you, I see where Taraji gets her beauty."He said with his charming smile. My mother blushed fanning herself.

"I like him! Y'all come in this house , the food is almost ready."She said waving for us to come into the house. I had a feeling this dinner wasn't going to go bad after all.

Terrence

I felt a little bit at ease after meeting TJ's mother. She was sweet and very welcoming. She lead us into the family room. My eyes roamed about the room that held so many awards. Medals and diplomas adorned the burgundy painted walls.

My baby used to do gymnastics , her medals sat up on the fireplace along with her other academic accomplishments.

The fireplace held so many family portraits. I picked up on of the frames that held a picture of Tj when she was a kid. I smiled at how adorable she was.

 I smiled at how adorable she was