The Interrogation

"Where were you when Mr. Matthews was killed" asked the stern lady sitting in front of me.

         "I was at my house with my family" I answered truthfully though I'm sure she couldn't see how truthful I was being.

         "Explain to me then how we found the murder weapon in the back of your truck" she replied sharply.

?

        " I don't know any more than you do about this situation " I tried sounding confident but I wasn't so sure it was working.

        "Until we find out exactly what is going on here you are going to have to stay right here.

         "I promise I didn't kill any one, but I do know something that might be useful to you" I replied.

         "And what might that be" she said showing a little more interest than before.

         "Well I heard shouting coming from Mr. Mathews house the night of the murder.  I reconized the two voices as Fred Matthews and Gary Watson" I said.

         "That's all we needed to hear, but until we find proof that you are not the murderer you will remain our main suspect and you will have to sleep here for now" she said calmly.  It struck me odd how calm she had been throughout the entire interrogation.  Every day she comes face to face with murderers without even breaking a sweat.

         The cot I slept in last night was cold. It was nowhere near as comfy as the queen sized bed I have at home.  That wasn't the only reason I couldn't sleep though.  I was scared that they would call me guilty for something I never did.  I just have to keep in mind that I am not guilty and maybe my confidence will show through. 

         The next morning I had been brought back into the interrogation room by the same lady I talked to yesterday.  But when we got there there was another person there.  He was a lot larger than she was and he kind of intimidated me. 

        "We have a few more questions for you today"  The large man said once I got settled.

        "First off, how do you know Mr.Matthews" she asked me.

         "He has been my neighbor since I moved to Boltamore 8 years ago.  He has always been kind to me and helped out my family as much as he could.

        " If he was kind to you and your family why would you kill him" said the man.

        That made me real mad.  I could feel the anger rising.  I banged my fist on the table and yelled "I didn't kill anybody you idiot."

         That was a big mistake.  When trying to prove you didn't kill someone, showing that you have no anger management skills is not a good thing to do.  Two other strong men came up behind me and dragged me out of my room.  Without thinking I yelled f*** you to the man which probably didn't improve my case.

         They brought me back to my room where I thought about how many years I would be in jail for.  My chances of not getting convicted were slim to none after that little outburst.

                                      TO BE CONTINUED