Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Talk is just talk

Till it ends in bruises.

I kept to my word. I took off a week of school. Mavery didn't care. He basically ignored me like always. Whatever.

It gave me a lot of time to think. Not about anything in particular, just thinking.

My breath came out in long puffs in the cool air as I walked to school. The trees seemed to hang in a sad way. As if losing their leaves also took away their confidence.

I kept my eyes on the cracked pavement. I hate you.

Something cold and thick landed on my cheek. Laughter broke through tthe silence of the canteen. Just go. Don't acknowledge it.

With my head down I walked out and into the boys restroom behind the building. The door creaked when I pushed against the dark teal.

I backed up and hit my back against the door when I saw what was in front of me. Two guys who were heavily attacking each others tonsils stopped and wore ashamed looks on their faces. I recognized one of them as Eliot Helostroph.

I ran a hand through my hair before ignoring them and splashing my face with cool water.

"Vic yeah? It's not what it looked like." Eliot tried to explain.

Oh look they didn't know my name. I ignored the boy with blonde hair covering his forehead. Please just shut the hell up. I could care less about your life.

Eliot put his hand on my shoulder still talking. "Look Vic it really wasn't anything. We fell into each other."

I looked up at him in the mirror, glaring. Remove you're hand from my shoulder. He didn't, having a dumbfounded look on his face.

The guy he was kissing gave me a smug look. Pride?

Once I was done I shrugged off his hand and wiped my face before leaving. Faintly hearing Eliot calling after me.

I ditched the rest of classes that day and sat against a gate in the park, picking at the damp grass.

"You're in my spot." I heard a deep voice say.

I looked up at him. It was the guy Eliot was mouthing. He had short dark hair that curled sloppily over his thick eyebrows. Dark blue orbs, almost a grey cold, not wanting to be touched. There's not that they held nothing, I just could not read them. They made my soul chill from the harshness yet all I wanted was to break them. He had a largely built frame and structure to the rest of his body as he moved next to me. Nose having a broken shape and lips almost disappearing.

I went back to picking at the grass. "You don't talk much? That's fine." He said sitting down next to me.

He pulled out a pack of fags and lit one up. He glanced over at me and offered one. I looked away and he shrugged putting them away.

Looking relaxed as he smoked one of those death sticks. I wanted to try one but then again I hate smokers.

It was quiet like that for the rest of the time spent there. I got my bag and left him there, making my way to my house at the late hour.

I glanced at the box seemingly hidden under my dresser. My palms sweaty and skin itching and longing for its sweet sweet bliss.

I bit my lip and dragged it out. When a loud consistent noise made me jump. It sounded like a ball was being bounce on or against something.

The window on the side of my bedroom was facing the garden around the house and our neighbors. A schlicking of rubber upon wet skin.

There was the culprit. Tall and muscular, like a beast. Sick muscles stretching and pulling as he moved with grace and tranquility. He grunted, almost animal like with every hit to his knee.

I'd have to hear this all night. Again since last weekend. New neighbors were a pain, especially when their son plays foot ball.

Make it stop. Just make it stop.

"Sasha!" A strong deep voice called out. They beast sighed loudly as the ball caught in his big hands.

Finally, sleep could possibly come. As in an hour at the most. I'd have time to finish missed work. It isn't worth it. You're not worth it. What's the point? You're worthless.

I closed the curtain and fell to the floor. The box was still out as I focused on it, but I didn't get it. Kicked it back under the wood with my foot.

Another day and another time. You won't need it now. No not yet. Just save yourself for when the kill time comes. It'll rain frogs against your filthy flesh only to have dirt and maggots homing it. You're a pedestal for which the insects even crawl.

The door creaked and Jade's head poked through. Get out.

"Papa's been calling your name rat. You should get up before he comes up here." She warned, clicking her tongue as she profiled me. She'll leave. Just ignore her.

His voice echoed loud and clearly through the home, making me flinch slightly. He was already pissed off.

Jade had since left, leaving the door ajar. Heavy foorfalls damaging the floorboards.

I rushed towards the door, barely registering what was next to come. I was too late and my forehead hit it harshly as it opened.

Mavery stood there. High and mighty in his coal eyes; intimidating glare. Look away before his gaze. The silence was broken and my brain turned off. Not functioning with my constant pleas to run, escape.

Bruises will fade, physically not mentally. And only then will you find that it has deceived you again. Still a bruise but hiding a scar so deep that even bandage mental instability wouldn't cover it up.