Chapter 2

Chapter 2

You're Just A Lullaby

A dark presence hidden behind sweet words or a soft melody.

Excruciating pain circulated through my hand as I glared at the peeling blue locker. It taunted me as my fingers began to throb and feel warm. It wasn't exactly my fault or the locker's fault. It was Arveon Molko's.

That bastard wouldn't know peace if it jabbed him in the eyes. He was what I called a rive.

Rive- is a person oblivious to their surroundings therefore becoming a hazard to anyone who happens to cross their path, or in my definition; a self-centered, egotistical, most likely blind kind of bastard.

Maybe he was such a rive because of his girly name. He probably feels like god or something because I myself and every other original at this school is clearly invisible to him.

Maybe just maybe by the time I get to class Mr.Wolf would be done with classroom introductions. I'd like to rip out his bottom layer of braces and throw them at Candy #1 just because she likes the taste of them.

What else would a 23 year old Biology teacher just out of Uni want to do with a bunch of college kids?

He was a red of a pervert. On the other hand he was also my favorite teacher. I took my seat in front of his desk, seeing as every other spot was filled. Hipster, synth pop loving kind of guy with straight orange hair, rectangle spectacles, white button shirt, mustard yellow pants and brown skips.

I truly enjoy his non educational discussions. Curly raised her hand. "Yes Clamintha." She opened her mouth and I turned away in disgust. Bits of her breakfast were still loged in the silver liner that took over her mouth. Close your mouth. She twisted her mane in her well bitten fingers as she talked.

"Aren't we supposed to have a test on.." I tuned her and the rest of the class out as I picked at the pink and irritated skin on my wrists. Try to last until home.

I stood at the end of the school parking lot. No doubt in my mind that I'd most likely be going home on foot today. My parents suck. Mom I hate you the most. You leech on my back, sucking the life and pure joy out of me until I pass out into something more serene.

I tripped over the cracked sidewalk, but caught myself and quickly rebalanced as I walked forward.

It was smoldering outside and my tight jeans were not helping. Invest in a pair of shorts. Trust me I've tried.

I noticed Davy the homeless guy and avoided eye contact. He wasn't right in the head. He muttered to himself angrily carrying on a two person conversation by himself. I walked past him before stopping and showing him my notepad.  

"Hi dad."  

He squinted his dirt covered face before smiling. "Hey Victor." 

I rolled my eyes as I scribbled. "It's Vincent." I walked past the confused Davy.

He smelled of rotten food and crap. Gross. That was my father on the corner, his schizophrenia full blown.

Can't believe that imbecile is even related to me, but deep down I felt sorry for the guy. Mom divorced and remarried when his episodes were minor and bruises where the only evidence on our skin.

Dad you're the definition of a rive.

Fellow squirrel running across the street. I envy you. If I could run away I would, you don't know how lucky you are my friend.

The sunlight was suddenly blocked by dangerously dark clouds. I shrugged as if the clouds could shrug back. Everything comes down on me anyway, I have no right to stop the rain. Should've just stayed at school.

"Ay, Vincent!" A voiced yelled through the harsh rain. Ignore them. I walked along, trying to see through the grey. Footsteps came closer before I felt a hand come down on my shoulder. Don't freak out, he'll go away soon.

"Vincent right?" The boy asked. He was tall and lanky with dark hair and grey eyes. Please remove your hand. I stared at him, not replying. He removed his hand, grinning at me. I turned away from him and continued my walk. Why did my home have to be so far away? The boy caught up with me, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I'm Chester." The clown?

"I know that you don't talk, but I don't mind." I do. I fiddled with the fluff in the pockets of my wet jeans.

"I want to be friends with you though." Please just go away. I saw him looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

"I sped up my pace a little more when I spotted my house in the distance. He kept up with me, rambling as we walked. Go away Chester. I turned at my driveway and he stopped at the bottom.

"I'll see you tomorrow Vince!" No, no you won't. I didn't look back at him as I walked into my house and closed the door. I took off my shoes and set my backpack down on the floor. Shower and you'll be fine. I walked up into my room, ignoring my step father's calls. I need my pills. I grabbed them off of the desk. Swallowing them dry burned my throat but it was worth it.

My arms.

They bled from my anxious scratching at them. I washed frantically, my usual pale skin was an ugly pink. God it burned. Stop thinking. Dingy socks, sweatpants and a loose shirt comforted my scolding skin.

Someone burst through my door. God, do they not know how to

knock?

"Did you not here me calling your name?" Mavery yelled.

Yes, I just chose to ignored you. I rolled my eyes and continued tying my hair back. A hand jerked my shoulder, turning me to face them.

"Listen here Vincent. You will not ignore me and do things on your own time."

I was going to freak out. Get off. Get off.

He glared at me, then let go. I wrapped my arms around myself when sudden burning sensation sent me to my knees. Ignore it. I looked up, seeing his arm go back down.

"You're mother is going on a business trip for some weeks. Clear up your act or you won't be having dinner."

He left after that. I crawled into bed and willed myself to sleep. He's nothing. All he'll ever be is nothing. So will you.

~ Sorry this is so late, I already had it typed, I just never posted it. Hope it's not too short and that you like it!