Six - "Stop - Roomie Time!"

Hello! I'd like to apologize to you all so much for not updating for so long! I hope you can all forgive me, and I'll try to update faster next time!(: This chapter is dedicated to Harajoku 'cause she's a great friend, a lovely reader and just happened to make the cover!(; The side banner is what I imagine Noelle's kitchen to look like - cute, right? (:

- - - Oh, and be sure to look out for a certain quote from the summary! *winkwink* - - -

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this plot-igniting chapter!

- Chloe(:

~*~*~

Six – “Stop - Roomie Time!”

Noelle

“Noelle,” Adam choked out, eyes locking with mine, “It appears that we meet again.” His face was an expressionless mask, yet his eyes sparkled with . . . delight?

“Adam, what a surprise!” I gushed, plastering a fake-smile onto my face. Adam smirked, full of cockiness. Gotta change that, I thought, amused. “I didn’t expect to see you here! After all, you do have a sort of . . . player, ‘one-night-stand’, vibe, don’t you?”

That wiped the smirk off his face pretty quickly! Adam remained silent, an unattractive scowl forming on his chiselled features, aimed directly at me. He folded his muscular arms tightly and made an irritated noise.I couldn’t help but notice how his muscles rippled with every move. I shook my head slightly, attempting to take my mind off how gorgeous Adam’s body was.

I turned to Jake, deciding to blank Adam completely. “Jake, hey! It’s nice to meet you, Lucie’s told me a little about last night, and I completely understand why she left – I hope you do to,” I gave him a piercing look - that of an over-protective best friend.

“Come through, Lucie’s waiting for you . . .” I led him into the lounge to find Lucie staring out the window, beet-red, with Jake rapidly turning a shade of tomato. I smiled at their nervousness, as they had undeniable chemistry even when they were both embarrassed and silent.  

An awkward silence followed as Jake sat himself down onto my old armchair; his eyes locked on Lucie, who sat up and coughed in my direction, eyes shooting daggers. Well, I can work out when I’m not wanted – now it’s time to face him outside, I chuckled internally, the thought of slamming the door in Adam’s face very satisfying.

“I guess I’ll leave you guys to talk about things and sort stuff out, yeah?” Without waiting for a reply, I backed out of the room slowly. Noticing that he had cleared off out of the doorway, I set out to retreat to my true home, the kitchen, only to find a hard chest – his hard chest - blocking my way.

I turned around, just as the solid, muscular arms that I was fantasising about a few minutes previous wrapped themselves around my waist protectively. I forced myself to look up into his entrancing baby-blues, irritated. “Noelle,” Adam murmured, resting his chin on my head, “I thought I would never see you again,” He started to stroke my hair gently, smiling.

“Uh, hey?” I replied back nervously, ensure of how this was going to play out. They never made movies about this stuff! Never have I seen a movie where the main-girl meets a guy that she had a barely one-night-stand with, at a party, ridiculously drunk!

“Did I ever tell you that you have the most beautiful eyes, Noelle?”

“Considering we’ve met once, I think the answer to that is a big, fat, no.” I replied, my tone flat, my expression surely puzzled. Had Adam drunk more this morning, or something?