Part 19: I Love You!

Me: But when was this letter written by her?

I searched for the date on the letter.

Me: 1st of April. Her wedding day! Why did it reach here today?!

I started my car engine and drove to Busan as stated on the card given by the new neighbour. I reached Busan and it had already night. I pressed the door bell and someone opened the door.

Kwangsoo: GD-ssi?

Me: Hyung, is she here?

Kwangsoo: Who? Truly?

Me: Ne.

Kwangsoo: Ani. She's ... She's in ... She's in Seoul. Ne.

Me: Ah ... If she comes here ... Tell her that Jiyong oppa, miss her.

I stepped to my car when I heard someone shouting my name. I didn't turn around because I thought it was my own feelings. Suddenly, someone came and hugged from my back.

Truly: Oppa mianhae ... Mianhaeyo!

I touched her smooth hands. I cried. So hard.

Me: Truly-ssi!

I looked at her and embraced her. Suddenly, the tiny rain fell heavily.

Me: Saranghaeyo

Me: Saranghaeyo. I love you! I really love you! I fall in love with you everyday!

Truly: GD oppa is mine!

Me: Lee Truly is my girlfriend! Eomma! She's my girlfriend!

Kwangsoo hyung came towards us.

Kwangsoo: I think you guys need this. You can have a romantic scene but not in the rain. You'll get sick.

We went into the house and I changed my clothes.

Mrs Lee: Jiyong-ssi, please drink the hot coffee. Truly made it.

Me: I will. Kamsahamnida.

Kwangsoo: Eomma, Truly-nim made it for her future husband.

Truly: Aniya oppa ...

Me: Where is your appa?

Three of them put their eyes on me.

Me: Urm ... Mianha-

Kwangsoo: Appa died in an accident ... When we were ... Still young.

Me: Mianhae ... We're in a same situation. I lost eomma too. It's pain but we still have to face it. Ne ... ( nodded )

Mrs Lee: Your ahjussi, he always makes us happy. Kwangsoo-nim got the funny talent from him.

Me: Mianhae ... Mianhae ...

I wiped my tears. My tears was falling to fast and I was shaking too. I remembered eomma.

Mrs Lee: Tell me about her. Gwaenchanha, you got me. I can be your mother.

Me: Eomma ... She ...

Me: She

Me: She ... Always gives me supports. She always comes to my concerts. She always visits me too. But now ... It's my turn to visit her everyday. Eomma ... She's not as normal as others. Sometimes she's okay but sometimes ... She'll be crazy and ... She'll hurt herself. It is not easy to make her feel safe and to cheer her. One day I woke up and greet her, she didn't even remember me. I was hurt but she's my mother.

I closed my eyes and I whimpered so hard.

Mrs Lee: Gwaenchanha ... I had a child like her. It was Truly's brother. Did you remember him, Truly-nim?

Truly: Ouh, Yunji oppa?

Mrs Lee: Ne. He is a cute boy with dimples. He loves to eat ice cream. One day, he got kidnapped by our own neighbour. They hit him with a broomstick because he made their daughter cried. Actually, Yunji-nim helped their daughter from getting crash by a car. Can you imagine? A boy who knew nothing ... Got hit ...

Kwangsoo: Eomma.

Me: Mianhae ahjumma. I should-

Mrs Lee: Gwaenchanha. I'm happy for having him in my life. He's a good son. After he got hit by them, he couldn't talk. He was in trauma. Everyday, I taught him to say eomma. Everyday, he woke up and knew nothing. I was doing the same thing ... He was too young to face the cruel enemies! We moved here from Seoul and ... He left us after he said eomma, gwaenchanha ...

Truly: Eomma, I had reminded you ... Not to talk about this anymore.