YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE - CHAPTER 8 - Contentment

IF YOU LIKE, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE ---------------------------------------->

CHAPTER 8:

MICAH'S POV:

I've actually lost her. She's going to marry Dante and move to Italy. I'll stay here and keep on loving her. I really thought that she'd choose me over him. I guess I missed my chance two years ago. That fucker better treat her good. She deserves it. I have to come to terms with the fact that I tried my hardest to get her to choose me and that it just wasn't meant to be.

I don't talk to Lily for the next few weeks. I don't want to cry in front of her and if I talk to her, I know I will. I hear from Ben, that Dante came to visit again a couple weeks ago. He also told me that Dante bought a condo here already.

After a month of not talking to her, I go to her house after school and ring the doorbell. Ben answers, "Hey man, you here to see Lily?"

"Yeah," I say.

He steps aside, "She's in her room."

I go back to her room and can hear her talking in Italian on the phone. I wonder if she is talking to Dante, or one of her friends from Rome. Her door is open a little, but I knock. It's weird because two years ago, I wouldn't have had to ring the doorbell or knock on her bedroom door.

She pulls the door open more and has a surprised look on her face. She says something in Italian to the person on the other end of the phone and hangs up. "What are you doing here, Micah?"

"Do I need a reason to come see you, Lily? Are we strangers now?" I ask.

"Of course not," she grabs my arm and pulls me into her room, then shuts the door. She gives me a tentative smile and nervously says, "What's up?"

"Don't look so worried Lillian. I'm not here to put any pressure on you. I just wanted to let you know that I missed you. As a friend. I want my friend back," I tell her.

She gives me a relieved smile, "I missed you too." She comes over to where I am sitting on the bed and sits next to me. She wraps her arms around me to hug me. God, she smells so good. Stop thinking that, Micah. You're trying to be her friend.

When she pulls back from the hug, I feel the loss in my gut. I manage to smile at her, "So, can I have my best friend back?"

"Sure Micah," she says. "So, how do we do this?"

"Well," I start, "how about we just hang out like we used to? Did you manage keep up with our show while you were in Italy?"

She laughs, "No, actually, I didn't have a chance to watch much South Park in Italy."

"Well it's a good thing I bought the last two seasons on DVD! I'll just run to my house and get it while you get us some snacks," I tell her.

Before I leave her room, she pulls me into another hug and puts her head on my chest, "Thank you, Micah"

"I only want you to be happy Lily," I whisper, then I go to my house to get the DVDs.

LILY'S POV:

Micah leaves my house to run over to his. I go to the kitchen to get together some snacks, then I go back to my room. I brush my hair and check my makeup. What am I doing? It's just Micah and I am engaged to Dante. Why am I so excited to spend time with Micah?

Since that day I told him that I was going to marry Dante, he hasn't spoken to me. I know that I hurt him and I was trying to give him some time to get over it. I was worried that we'd never patch things up between us and become friends again. Am I a selfish bitch for being glad that I get to keep Micah as my friend even though I'm engaged to Dante?