Chapter One: Alone

Chapter One: Alone

Miku

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had passed out in gym class after suddenly feeling all air evaporate in my lungs. My heart had gone still and ceased to beat for a few seconds before starting up again as I felt something in me start to slip away.

In my mind's eye, it was a black ball of light with a blue flame on the top left. I reconized it quickly as her, and shouted, "Black Rock Shooter! Don't leave me! You can't, I need you!" 

But it just kept floating away even as I tried to run after it. Vain, I know but I couldn't...I couldn't just let her leave after all the years I had felt her presence with me! She is a part of me! I know it, to lose her means to lose a huge chunk of myself!

She was the only person who understood me and really cared...

She was the only one who knew about Mom and Dad. About the Hell Mom went through to make sure she was never around when Dad bought more beer. The Hell she went through to make sure she was gone when he got drunk and did anything he wanted.

She was the reason I hadn't killed myself yet or run away. She made me fight after the first attack and she made me get stronger so he couldn't get em again. The scars he gave me never left and neither did the scars I gave him. Black Rock Shooter made sure that when I hit that I hit hard and I hit home. I make anyone who touches hurt.

But something had happened to her...She was leaving me...

No, I thought, I won't let you leave me, not after all we've been through. you can't leave! I called for her to come back but ti kept getting smaller and smaller in the distance until finally, I couldn't see it at all.

I screamed, tears spilling in overdose out of my eyes. My mind flickered, awareness trickling in, images of Black Rock Shooter speaking to me and giving me wisdom on how to keep myself safe, before it went out like a dead light bulb, 

I awoke in the hospital, my face wet with fresh tears and my chest feeling as if a herd of elephants had just trampled me. I felt an IV was strapped to my arm and when I opened my eyes, I saw I was in thin hopsital gown not doing anything to emphasize my near flat chest and my parents sitting in two plastic chairs on the opposite side of the room.

"Oh thank God..." My mom murmured as she clasped her hands together in relief, her hazel-brown eyes shining with unshed tears. Her make-up had run sometime earlier and made her usually blush-covered face a pure mess. Her dark brown bun was coming apart and her ivory dress suit looking so out of place with her in so much distress and mess.

Not that I care, I thought, sullenly in my mind, Black Rock Shooter had been more of a mother to me than she ever could try to be. I looked away as Dad tried to make eye contact. He grunted, his fern eyes probably lighting up in a smirk. He also did find my pain fun to laugh at. "Miku, get up so we can get home. Some of us would like to get back to our lives." 

I didn't like how he stressed the word, 'lives'. It wasn't my fault I didn't have many friends. People just didn't like me, I don't know if it was from fear or just plain distaste but when I hadn't cared when Black Rock Shooter was with me. She would just tell me to ignore them and be myself. To never lower or overexert myself for others just because I want to be accepted.

I already miss her, I thought as another tear escaped me. Dad growled and my mom started to panic, her hands going to his well-muscled arm in an attempt to try and stop him from hitting me. At least until we got home, then she would leave like always and I'd be on my own like always.